[R&F] Korea first look.

haven't seen the video as I can't understand the language but I do agree and wish the abilities were interesting and reflective of her reign rather than having it to be the same as civ v version.

Keep in mind that only the Hwarang ability is unique to Seondeok. The other abilities (Three Kingdoms, Seowan, Hwacha) all represent Korea as a whole. So, it wouldn't make sense for the other abilities to reflect her reign in particular.

She doesn't really look Korean to me, but this is probably because I am comparing her with modern urban Korean women who want very light skin and heavily utilize makeup. Haven't seen very many Koreans complain so I'll assume the representation is accurate?

Even the facial structure feels off to me though

She doesn't really look Korean to me, but this is probably because I am comparing her with modern urban Korean women who want very light skin and heavily utilize makeup. Haven't seen very many Koreans complain so I'll assume the representation is accurate?

Even the facial structure feels off to me though

We're not really supposed to talk about Seondeok's appearance on this thread anymore. It's for discussing gameplay aspects of Korea.

We're not really supposed to talk about Seondeok's appearance on this thread anymore. It's for discussing gameplay aspects of Korea.
Well that's kind of lame. It is the "First Look" at her AND the gameplay elements.

Moderator Action: Beware PDMA. It wasn't discussed, it was obsessed about. If you have an issue, send me a PM. leif

I'll assume people were fighting about it though and that's why the discussion is discouraged...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's kind of lame. It is the "First Look" at her AND the gameplay elements.

I'll assume people were fighting about it though and that's why the discussion is discouraged...

Also, you assume incorrectly. There is much rage over her selection and depiction, which is why such debate has been banned from this thread.

Also, you assume incorrectly. There is much rage over her selection and depiction, which is why such debate has been banned from this thread.
Sounds like I assumed correctly then?

I didn't say discouraged entirely; I meant specifically in this thread.

Sorry I didnt read every page of this thread guys, jeez. I'm not trying to open wounds here I was legitimately just posting my thoughts after watching the video a few times. My apologies if it came off like I was trying to open a closed subject of conversation intentionally, I had no idea.

Last edited:
Sounds like I assumed correctly then?

I didn't say discouraged entirely; I meant specifically in this thread.

Sorry I didnt read every page of this thread guys, jeez. I'm not trying to open wounds here I was legitimately just posting my thoughts after watching the video a few times. My apologies if it came off like I was trying to open a closed subject of conversation intentionally, I had no idea.

Maybe the best solution would be to simply open another thread specifically about the looks of the Korean leader.

I have no doubt that modders are already thinking about alternatives for the Three Kingdoms ability.

Not relevant to the topic, but an example of this is England’s vanilla ability. JFD did a retweak of England’s ability called Royal Charters, which I think is actually the best modded ability for England yet.

I am still a bit confused about how we can best utilize Korea's ability related to Governors. Is it optimal to have all seven Governors since it's 5% science and culture per governor for Korea?

I am still a bit confused about how we can best utilize Korea's ability related to Governors. Is it optimal to have all seven Governors since it's 5% science and culture per governor for Korea?

Yes. The more Governors, the better, it seems.

Look at 55s, Library produce +4 science while university produces +6, the yield of them must have been changed since there's no possibility to make them yield like this in the current patch.

Look at 55s, Library produce +4 science while university produces +6, the yield of them must have been changed since there's no possibility to make them yield like this in the current patch.
Mhrm, so they were either overall buffed by +2 or the university nerfed to 3 (and the campus building bonus card is running).

Interesting observation. Maybe they listened that population produces (relatively) too much science & raised the output of campus buildings? And maybe they also raised the costs of technologies in general?

Interesting observation. Maybe they listened that population produces (relatively) too much science & raised the output of campus buildings? And maybe they also raised the costs of technologies in general?
The cost raise is almost certain. The cost of Metal Casting seems to be ~550 in the screenshot, was 440 (since it is on quick speed).

There is also a new unit unlocked there besides the original bombard, what is it?

The cost raise is almost certain. The cost of Metal Casting seems to be ~550 in the screenshot, was 440 (since it is on quick speed).

There is also a new unit unlocked there besides the original bombard, what is it?
Pike & Shot?
Edit: that should come later. Would be too close to the Pikeman.

Top Bottom