[R&F] Korea first look.

And a great improvement it is. Shame it's probably too late to make her clothing more Korean, but I'm content.

Is it just me or did they mirror the clothing?
Maybe? Or they might have just mirrored the entire image for the promotional image.

Yes, her clothes and/or appearance seem to have been mirrored for this picture.

And a great improvement it is. Shame it's probably too late to make her clothing more Korean, but I'm content.

Tangential question. I read somewhere that Seondeok changed their royal clothing shortly after Seondoek. Any truth to that?

Looks to me like they've made the crown smaller to better fit her head, too, as it seems to me like the left (our left, not hers) jade ornament appears to be floating beside it.

Hwarang 5% Culture and 5% Science in all cities with an established Governor.

Three Kingdoms: Mines receive +1 Science if there is an adjacent Seowon district. Farms receive +1 Food if there is an adjacent Seowon district.

Unit: Hwacha

District: Seowon must be built on hills and gets a fixed amount of Science (seems to be 6) but for every district you build next to it this is reduced.
@CypherEnigma
Was it a leak you spottet the last time or was it just released? I recall it was available early in the morning CET. In another thread we were discussing at what time it was released the last time, but people believe it was a leaked that made it appear here in the forums early in the morning CET. So I'm going to the source - YOU! :)

Is it something there's a chance you can uptain again?

They updated her look already!
As noted by @Xefjord

I must say I like her new look a lot more! Not per se from a standpoint of preference, but to me it looks more Korean. However, that might be very racist and stereotypical of me to think that way, since I don't know all that much about Koreans..

Do you have an example of how it would look more Korean? : ) I'm curious.

@CypherEnigma
Was it a leak you spottet the last time or was it just released? I recall it was available early in the morning CET. In another thread we were discussing at what time it was released the last time, but people believe it was a leaked that made it appear here in the forums early in the morning CET. So I'm going to the source - YOU! :)

Is it something there's a chance you can uptain again?

I'm sorry I just saw it on reddit and waited for 40min and since nobody posted it here I did. Sorry to disappoint :/

Tangential question. I read somewhere that Seondeok changed their royal clothing shortly after Seondoek. Any truth to that?
I have no idea.

Do you have an example of how it would look more Korean? : ) I'm curious.
Even before the rise of the modern hanbok, Korean clothing has always had a tendency to be very flowy and drapy; Seondeok's gown is much too stiff and close-fitting.

I think Korean clothing has likely changed a lot. Hanbok of nowadays are more derived from later Joseon... perhaps the clothing is authentic to Shilla.
Yes, Korean clothing has changed; no, it is not authentic to Silla. Tang China? Sure. Silla? No.

If it hasn't been posted yet, here is Korean icon.

Korean icon.png

If it hasn't been posted yet, here is Korean icon.

View attachment 482746

The origin of the Korean symbol is obvious. :D
This means whatever City-State replaces Seoul will not have the Yin Yang symbol, because it'll be too close to the Korean one.

I'm not really liking that new city bar. Its way too crowded. Hopefully someone mods this out at some point fairly soon after release.
I wonder if that's one of the things they're still playing with. I'd imagine that can still be tweaked relatively late into the process.

I wonder if that's one of the things they're still playing with. I'd imagine that can still be tweaked relatively late into the process.

Count me in the same boat. I also think the population number being in a circle that "fills" is confusing (even more if it ends on white on white).

The production/food bars on each side of the city bar was aestetically sound and did not take more space than it needed plus green/orange colors were an immediate cue to what were you looking at (well, at least after accepting the change yellow->green and blue->orange , but that is not a problem 10 years or so, I think. :p). Now the blank filling for both feels bland.

I guees that as with Seondeok, it may go trough several iterations, from a simpler, not finished look (the rounder face in the first look makes me think they still not had time to "sculpt" more disctintive features before that video) to a more appealing one.

Really glad they changed her look, and without making her seem like a K-pop idol as well. She looks much more Korean now. Glad Firaxis is still listening... although I'm sure the outcry from Korean fans was hard to miss...

Top Bottom