Korea Photojournal: Attempt #2

Nope, it is not that strong. Silver grants 2 culture per tile with monopoly. A monument with Tradition grants more than Silver.

2 per tile is sizeable. In an expansion city, a monument is 4 culture and an amphi is 2. A single silver tile gives 1/3 of that. The high culture in a Tradition capital makes the proportional gain from silver smaller on a national level, but for the expansions I feel that it matters a lot.

I don't think so. If I had slightly lower culture I would have actually gotten more faith because my borders reached their expansion limit so quickly. My capital ran out of tiles to grow to in Renaissance.

Front-loaded faith is naturally worth more, be it for spreading or just reinvesting into holy sites. Is the scaling so significant that it matters more than this?

Front-loaded faith is naturally worth more, be it for spreading or just reinvesting into holy sites. Is the scaling so significant that it matters more than this?
Front loaded faith is great when getting my first two great prophets. After that I honestly don't want faith if I'm not spreading my religion. Holy sites are only good if you want a tourism victory. Oftentimes I have more great prophets appear than I actually want, I would rather have an extra 3000 faith to buy a different great person with.

@CrazyG It's an old thread, but I had this question when reading this once again: How do you avoid having your great persons not getting slaughtered when not having mandirs? I mean every time im doing good, and even when I'm not doing so good, all the AI's seem to send their spys to my cities, stealing science, gold and to say the worst, killing my great people. How do you avoid this and escpecially how do you avoid not having your GP's killed without mandirs?

I ask since you didn't seem to have a problem with foreign spies, or did you?

@CrazyG It's an old thread, but I had this question when reading this once again: How do you avoid having your great persons not getting slaughtered when not having mandirs? I mean every time im doing good, and even when I'm not doing so good, all the AI's seem to send their spys to my cities, stealing science, gold and to say the worst, killing my great people. How do you avoid this and escpecially how do you avoid not having your GP's killed without mandirs?

Maybe on lower difficulty you are just ahead of everyone and thus everyone send spies to you? Also i usually have spies in my cities, i just don't care. You can build Consttabularies, but thats it, you cant do anything else.

I wasn't first to the Renaissance era, so the initial waves of spies went to Maya, not me.

Mandirs are a really good belief. I would usually take them over asceticism, this land was just really food light.

An alternative is building the Angkor Wat, which gives a free Mandir in the city.

Venice has an UB that protects their GP as well.

Top Bottom