Korean War 2005

Originally posted by blix
What makes you so sure that Bush will win the 2005 election,

Nice troll.

1-Elections are in 2004

2-Why do we have to be SURE of anything to create a Civ III scenario?

No serious person is SURE that Bush will invade N Korea. It takes a leap of imagination to figure Bush will win in '04. Takes a leap of imagination to figure Bush will invade N Korea.

Fun scenario, muffins :goodjob:

Great scenario! A little short though won as South Korea in 14 turnas. I'm going to try China next.

I am Korean live in Busan (or Pusan... same)
I`m disappointed of this map.
did you see map of korea or not?
where is JeJu island?
(JeJu island is bigger than Tsusima island, but there is no JeJu.... there is Tsusima island under Pusan, but where is JeJu?)

lth0420 said:
I am Korean live in Busan (or Pusan... same)
I`m disappointed of this map.
did you see map of korea or not?
where is JeJu island?
(JeJu island is bigger than Tsusima island, but there is no JeJu.... there is Tsusima island under Pusan, but where is JeJu?)
1) I made this map almost a year ago but I remember that I had major problems getting many of the smaller islands on the Civ-map. Islands that were too close to the mainland tended to get 'merged' by Civ3Edit :)

2) You've just 'bumped' an old thread ... an act considered by some people in these forums as more sinful than eating children :D

3) I don't really make maps anymore (too busy making units). Why not have a look at my units below? :cool:

beat it in 18 turns as south korea took my time ended up with so much artillery

Great scenario...only problem with it is that Kim Il-Sung is dead (he died in 1994)...The leader of North Korea is his son Kim Jong-Il...

Grav said:
I like the scenario, I just wish it started with more units for both sides. When I played the allies, by my second turn, North Korea was half taken over. Maybe North Korea should get more 'crappy units' with lower than normal hit points, like riflemen. In a real conflict, of course North Korea would fall, but I don't think it would happen THAT swiftly. =P
I beg to differ. North Korea currently has 1 million well trained, well fed,VERY determined and "thristy for American blood" men in uniform and has the ability to mobilize up to 3 million more. They have the largest submarine fleet in the world and their tanks are quite formidable and are up-to-date. Kim is known as "dear leader" the son of "great leader" (his father, and previous ruler of korea). The people literally see their leader as a god-like figure, the population are very well indoctrinated and would fight to death if the U.S. invaded. Because in North Korea America as seen as the giant imperialist super power, from their earliest days North Korean school children learn what the "evil" imperialist Americans intentions are and are brain washed round the clock to hate America. They literally see North Korea as the best place on earth, a paradise, they dont have any outside sources of information and don't know about the outside world, they're completely brainwashed into believing North Korea is the best place on earth. If you want this map to be truly accurate you will add in plenty of troops for North Korea (with chemical weapons, they see them as part of their normal arsenal and wont hesitate to use them in conventional combat), as well as plenty of weaker civilian units with weapons. Also theres no point in having the capital of South Korea "Seoul" on the map. In 1994 North Korea said "Anyone who might be thinking of invading North Korea, know that we will turn the South Korean capital Seoul into a sea of fire". The North Koreans have tons of cannons hidden in the hills on the boarder just north of Seoul ready to fire on the city if anyone attempts to invade North Korea. Conventional cannons with nuclear material, theres no way to intercept them so the destruction of Seoul is inevitable should the U.S. invade. The consequences of a second Korean war would be nothing less of catastrophic.

riley555 said:
I beg to differ. North Korea currently has 1 million well trained, well fed,VERY determined and "thristy for American blood" men in uniform and has the ability to mobilize up to 3 million more. They have the largest submarine fleet in the world and their tanks are quite formidable and are up-to-date. Kim is known as "dear leader" the son of "great leader" (his father, and previous ruler of korea). The people literally see their leader as a god-like figure, the population are very well indoctrinated and would fight to death if the U.S. invaded. Because in North Korea America as seen as the giant imperialist super power, from their earliest days North Korean school children learn what the "evil" imperialist Americans intentions are and are brain washed round the clock to hate America. They literally see North Korea as the best place on earth, a paradise, they dont have any outside sources of information and don't know about the outside world, they're completely brainwashed into believing North Korea is the best place on earth. If you want this map to be truly accurate you will add in plenty of troops for North Korea (with chemical weapons, they see them as part of their normal arsenal and wont hesitate to use them in conventional combat), as well as plenty of weaker civilian units with weapons. Also theres no point in having the capital of South Korea "Seoul" on the map. In 1994 North Korea said "Anyone who might be thinking of invading North Korea, know that we will turn the South Korean capital Seoul into a sea of fire". The North Koreans have tons of cannons hidden in the hills on the boarder just north of Seoul ready to fire on the city if anyone attempts to invade North Korea. Conventional cannons with nuclear material, theres no way to intercept them so the destruction of Seoul is inevitable should the U.S. invade. The consequences of a second Korean war would be nothing less of catastrophic.

Not meaning to start a verbal war but.
Yes they have well trained men but there are problems they can't combat very well.

1.) They can't stop a 2000lb from droping on there tanks from our B2 bombers (well no one really can)
2.) Our bombers have what is called a cluster bomb. Those if enemy units marched across the land and scattered (500 or so) these bombs dropped from an aircraft would kill a lot of men and almost wounding all.
3.) Nice map!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :) :goodjob: muffins
4.) Most of those artillery that are "hiddedn" can't hide from sattelites and odds are they will be bombed.
5.) N Korea's Airdefense network is still based on old russian systems easily jammed and they wont know what hit them.
6.) The N koreans can't detect an F22 raptor. 1 because it has stealth capabilitys. 2 it can move above mach 1 easily. 3 it has rear vectoring exhaust systems makingit more maneuvearble.
7.) Yes it will be a catastroph but if N korea launches any chemicals on South Korea OMG the UN would be all over them like white on rice or brown if you are thinking of brown rice. :lol:
8.) How is north korea's subs going to pick up a new seawolfe class sub? they are the queitest subs on earth. They are able to find and destroy all of N koreas subs.
9.) Most likely the U.S. wont go to war.

I am open to debate I just have one rule please NO FLAME WARS ok :)

BTW :goodjob: I was looking for a scenario like this. thanx a buch muffins

You know i dont think America would win a war against North Korea. Not only re there only a few less soldiers in the North Korean army, but America if they invade will have troops spread out across three nations. Oh and North Koreas army is actually a modern one not just natives throwing rocks at people and then blowing themselves up.

I know Bush is an idiot but i hope he isnt stupid enough to try an take on Korea.

Only my opinion though,

The fable of a strong North Korean army was broken in the late 90's when ex-President Jimmy Carter toured the country. The North Koreans get virtually ZERO training on their so-called modern equipment for lack of fuel and money. Not to mention the simple fact that no soldier in either Koreans military has seen combat. And remember, the pre-1990 Iraqi army was 'experienced', equipped with 'modern weapons' and totalled 1 million men and a force 1/5th it's size destroyed it in a matter of weeks.

For that matter, the South Koreans wouldn't even need any American help. They have a truly well-trained army of 700,000 that DOES get regular training on their equipment and can call up a reservist force with some military training that would number over 1 million.

The '3 million' men that North Korea could supposedly put into action would basically be giving a farmer a rifle and saying 'go kill'. They would have little to no actual combat value.

Other than lobbing a few nukes that would lead to quick retaliation, the North Korean military poses no threat and is practically a joke in the military community.

blix said:
What makes you so sure that Bush will win the 2005 election,I mean he's messed the country up so badly,with the rising national debt,the wars,etc. I don't think that Bush will win.

Uhh... Blix, when did you get out of your time capsul, he already won in 2004 by 3,000,000 votes

I beg to differ Kristi they do possess stockpiles chemical weapons, which they won't hesitate to use if they are attacked by the mighty super power (aka the U.S.). They have thousands of artillery rockets hidden in the hills above the border which can reach Seoul within THREE minutes. The people are completely pumped with spiritual determinism which would make a war against North Korea very long and bloody. They're willing to lay their lives on the line for their dear leader. While they do use some outdated weapons they also have plenty of modern weapons, it's a fact. Also Jimmy Carter didn't stop their military build-up he just had them agree to freeze the production of missiles with a range of 300 miles or more in exchange for oil and other sources of energy. Also as regards to Driveby's post about air power. That's why everyone who has fought America in the last 60 years who didn't have an effective airforce hid in sheltered areas (caves etc) in the face of devastating American air power. You can't bomb the hidden artillery, because well...they're hidden, which means they can't be destroyed from the air, if they could they wouldn't be referred to as "hidden". "N Korea's Airdefense network is still based on old russian systems easily jammed and they wont know what hit them." So? theres more than one way to counter the oppositions air power.

I wasn't saying that President Carter did ANYthing to control their buildup. When Carter went on his tour (1998 I believe?) he SAW just how badly equipped and trained the North Korean military really was. They simply do not have the money or resources to use their weapons regularly. You simply can't expect a military force to have ANY chance of real success if they aren't regularly trained. The American and British military are perfect examples of what a outnumbered but well-equipped and well-trained force can do to what is nothing more than a mass infantry horde.

Most of the North Korean's equipment is based on Cold War 1970's designs. Certainly they've improved it since then, but, for example, the tanks they use are varients on the old Soviet T-62 battle tanks which, compared to the American M1A2s, are anachronic at best.

You mention their artillery... Well, they don't FIRE that artillery... They have NO training. And the problem with hidden and emplaced fortified artillery is that you can go around it and once you do, it's not much of a threat.

As far as Seoul, maybe you haven't seen the defensive setup that the South Koreans and Americans have built. I have, and believe me, it's extensive. Any North Korean offensive would be stopped in it's tracks in a manner of minutes. That's not say that they couldn't inflict losses or cause alot of deaths, but as far as actually penetrating South Korean defenses and defeating their forces with the intent to occupy Seoul, it's just not possible.

As far as the Americans or South Koreans invading the country, for one, there's little point. There's nothing of strategic value. The North Koreans aren't the first small power to aquire nuclear arms (example, Pakistan) and they won't do anything with them other than posture and act like a kid with a new toy.

Simply put, the North Koreans, much like the Iraqis, are a third-world country with alot of old equipment that is just not an effective fighting force when compared to the modern militaries of the world.

Dear Muffins,

Where can I find the "Whole download". I can only see the attached files(WinZip)
Can you send me a direct download file of the Korean War 2005?
Many thanks,
Dutch Leader1

Decided to edit this, Had a huge response but decided I didn't wanna carry on this trivial bull****.

Dutch Leader1 said:
Dear Muffins,

Where can I find the "Whole download". I can only see the attached files(WinZip)
Can you send me a direct download file of the Korean War 2005?
Many thanks,
Dutch Leader1
You should be able to right-click and select 'save target as' option :confused: All you then have to do is unzip the zip file

Top Bottom