Korea's Scholars of the Jade Hall... WTF does it actually mean?

DarkEnigma

Chieftain
Ok, so Korea's Special Ability "Scholars of the Jade Hall" which states, "Receive a tech boost each time a scientific building/Wonder is built in the Korean capital" might win the award for most vague ability description in the game. I have read that through play-testing we have discovered that the "boost" is equivalent to completing a Research Agreement. However I have yet to find a list of exactly which buildings and wonders actually trigger this ability.

Question: Can anyone provide a definitive list of all the buildings and wonders that trigger the tech boost (including all eras)? Thanks!!

The only wonders and other buildings that trigger the Korean UA are those that give actual beakers (ones that just give Great Scientist points and/or indirect science boost (e.g., Porcelain Tower, Oracle, Hubble) don't count). So, the list is:

Library
Great Library
National College
University
Oxford University
Public School
Research Lab

Dumb question:
Does the Porcelain Tower count?

I knew it gave no beakers, but it is a scientific wonder (2 free Great Scientists)

yeah no beakers means no bursted boost but it's still awesome for Korea for the +2 beakers from the planted scientists if you notice the AI hasn't been big on rationalism.

It really is annoying that the UA isn't specific, true.

At one point the world wonder part was anything giving Great Scientist points. (Which was quite a few more wonders)

The only wonders and other buildings that trigger the Korean UA are those that give actual beakers (ones that just give Great Scientist points and/or indirect science boost (e.g., Porcelain Tower, Oracle, Hubble) don't count). So, the list is:

Library
Great Library
National College
University
Oxford University
Public School
Research Lab
Since the GL gives you beakers only because it gives you a free library (thereby also preventing you from building a library), this effectively means that there are no wonders that give Korea a scientific boost?

Since the GL gives you beakers only because it gives you a free library (thereby also preventing you from building a library), this effectively means that there are no wonders that give Korea a scientific boost?

the GL gives +3 beakers before it's free library so it has a science boost on it's own.

I don't know if you get a double science boost since you get two beaker buildings when you get it.

Hm...

I thought Korea's UA also applies to any World wonders that adds GS points as well as beaker producing buildings.

I could swear I got a tech boost when I built Brandenburg gate as Korea...

Maybe I should check it out. :rolleyes:

P.S don't forget the observatory if you were lucky enough to start next a mountain :)

Top Bottom