KoS5 - Mansa Musa and The Cottage Economy

:lol: hilarious as usual.
Can't look at the game today but I'll try very hard to do so tomorrow to hopefully play.

I suggest we start playing longer rounds just to finish this. 15 turns?

what ever.. 10 or 15, either is fine, your the boss.

On Opponents, Khan will Capitulate now, I was just going to fully eliminate him, but are we taking vassals.??? I guess it'd speed up war's.

If so Vassal Khan, attack Brennus, and keep on rolling.

Yea, let's vassal and finish this up. There's nothing left in this SG to prove, only having cottages works well enough if you have peaceful neighbors!

Oh yeah, a few other things...Great spy, had no idea what to do with him, just left sitting in Capital on 'Space bar' or next turn action.

Christo was just for swapping to slavery for 1 turn, if required to stop starvation in cities.

Airports...well really they are required, if only for the Teleportation of troops.

Umm more of less have 3 stacks of Cavalry now, wanted to keep offensive moving forward.

Yeah wrap it up, honestly I don't think it's proved much, Sitting Bull to attract Aggression, passive Rammesses to North, and a friendly Tokugawa, well, shows get him to friendly and you've got your own personal attack dog..woof woof.

The game is almost over...

Capitulated GK and then went after Brennus. Wasn't very hard, lost maybe 6 troops to bad odds. I had the Great Spy scout instead of sit around :)

After Brennus was vassaled I massed troops on both borders however Toku started moving one of his stacks inside our culture... there was a gap nearby so I closed borders to trap it on t300 and killed it.
Anyway, I played 15 complete turns, unless you really want to micro cities from now on you can just hit enter and keep rush buying, move troops, bombard and capture cities.

Not sure if 15 turns are enough as there are a lot of cities to go through before catching Tokugawa... time will tell :D

Spoiler :

Nelimeister should be up... Rusten on deck (already :p)
I won't see this game's save again, good luck cleaning up!

Attachments

• KoS5 AD-1860.CivBeyondSwordSave
    427 KB · Views: 70
I have played 7 turns so far, and it is pretty slow going. And I am not doing any micro!

Ramesses just eliminated. WK is a bit tougher, as Toku is defending him with gusto.

My profuse apologies.

This just slipped off my radar, with the SGOTM taking all of my spare time.

So, I upload the save now, after what turns I could play. We have just eliminated Ramesses, and what I expect is the last WK stack. Toku has been defending WK vigourously.

We have bombed several of Toku's cities to reduce the defenses, and to weaken his troops. I was gearing up to take Toku's border city.

Mansa Musa and the Cottaged world order​
:c5occupied:

Mansa Musa, walked about the room, looking at the world map spread out before him. He reflected upon his aims, his one driving desire, to Urbanize the world.

No more would the diverse peoples of this world, root about like pigs in mud, toiling long and hard in the fields under the oppressive sun. They would all recline in the luxury of towns and cities. The wealth of Nations wasn't in its production of good and services. No it was in its URBANISED PEOPLES. POPULATION was the true measure of the wealth of a nation, URBAN POPULATION.

For other they sought to grow through the toiling of the plantations, farms, and pastures. Exiling their fellow citizens to the mines to toil long and deep in the darkness. Then, when the righteous Malinese armed forces dared to free them from their servitude, they were resisted and assailed from all quarters.

Mansa Musa was no invisible hand guiding the economic prosperity of the peoples, he was an IRON :hammer: of war. No :c5occupied: would hold his peoples or that of this world.

He considered the current strategic situation. Tokugawa, that dark demon spawned lord, held his peoples in such servitude, along with another so called 'enlightened' leader. Their peoples would be freed and shown the true was to prosperity.

Cahokai, Busily producing West point, received a cash injection to hurry the project, allowing the purchase of the resources and workforce to ensure its production by the Year's end. With its completion, Advanced training could be implemented for the officer core, leading the troops in the Offence to Cleanse the world.

Bands of Calvary were divided up into Army divisions of 20 companies each, with many being lead by a great war hero, who saw to the medical needs of the troops.

Malinese hero's in bombers, did harass the enemy from the skies, raining down the death and destruction, but so numerous were the enemy forces, the Calvary still suffered losses in assailing the enemy forces.

Units produced in the far researches of the empire were either Air lifted to the front, or Sought to ride long and hard, to prepare them for the arduous day's ahead in the saddle.

Quickly had the other 'leaders' of this world had fallen, Sitting Bull was the 1st to taste the bitter ashes of Total and utter defeat. Proud to the end, he sang of the Black hills, and the wide parries, until his end in some forgotten backwater city.

Kublai Khan was next, quickly brought into the fold of Mali and its vision for the world.

Brennus folded soon after, his lamenting of the loss of the Warriors in the hills, soon forgotten.

Ramesses, that Vile serpentine leader of the Egypt, Vassal of that Demon spawned Tokugawa, quickly fell. Having to be rousted out of a Cellar in the final city, hissing and spitting at the victorious troops.

Now it was the time for the True enemy of this world to fall. TOKUGAWA

2 Army Divisions of Troops stood at the Gates of Nagasaki, ready to free the peoples at the cost of their own lives.

Spoiler :

With the air cover exhausted in the attacking of defenders in the open fields, it would have to wait till air reserves could be brought forward.

The Doom of Tokugawa was descending, 3 Army divisions descended upon Nagasaki, a 4th was resting, awaiting the push on Tokyo, while a 5th was being assembled to give respite to the hard pressed armies battling through the Japanese heartlands.

On the Korean front;

The Capital city of Seoul had been taken, with a Push onto the city of Pyongyang being blunted by the fanatical defence of the Japanese oppressors.

Spoiler :

Bomber command had taken many unexpected losses in attacking this city, with the Calvary forces sent in to follow up encountering unexpected resistance from these fanatics.

Though seen only as a diversionary attack upon the western flank of Tokugawa, it was a hard pressed fought war none the less. Many risks were taken, with the city of Seoul being left with only a Musket Garrison, having to be flown in, while the Calvary was sent forth to threaten the city of Pyongyang.

Mansa Musa mused over these events, they world would be freed from the Terror of the open lands, and given the security and freedom of the cities.

T+1

Seoul had Fallen to the Japanese counter attack, but puny in strength if was. Now the True plans of Mansa would be unfurled. The retaking of Seoul, the Elimination of any and all offensive troops of Tokugawa, and the respite for hard pressed offensive forces. True some of our air force had been lost in this city, but they were unrepairable Aircraft, and a Decoy Tokugawa had swallowed whole.

Spoiler :

That mindless simpleton, Brennus, with his laments for Steel swords and the glory of single combat, would keep pressing Tokugawa.

Foolish and vain to the end, Tokugawa sought to go on the offensive. A lone Sam Infantry dared assault the city of Heliopolis, it was dispatched. Another army of Sam infantry dared to assault the liberated city of Alexandra, but a City Garrison 3 Machine gun was rushed to the city over land to blunt this assault.

Spoiler :

2 Army divisions of Calvary continued to threaten Nagasaki, one over zealous officer seeking a quick promotion, lost his command and life attacking the entrenched machine gun positions of the city.

Now resumed the True offensive, into the heartlands of Tokugawa. Bombers were queued up in the homeland cities, Air assaults will rain down on Tokugawa's head.

T+2

Korean leaders, hopeless outdated and out gunned, sent a lone company of Horse archers to attack our defenders at Namp'o, and were soundly defeated.

Japanese assaults continued upon our forces, with 50/50 results.

One of our Medical units, Scipio Africanus, seeking to aid a wounded Sam Infantry, was deceived, and killed by the same said unit. Long shall his gallantry be remembered.

T+3

The Assault upon Pyongyang begins its final phase, 38 divisions of the Enemy were eliminated for the loss of 3 Calvary and some bombers. With only the 2 Badly wounded divisional defenders remaining, it shall fall next turn.

On the Japanese front, Tokugawa continues it offensive efforts, and assailing our troops as well.

The assault upon Nagasaki begins next turn.

T+4

The Assault upon Pyongyang has Failed, our moronic Vassal, not so stupidly attacked with 2 tanks and overcome the last 4 defenders. We missed one prize, but seek to gain another in Pursan, the Taoist Holy city.

A stack attack upon Nagasaki is now held, too long has Tokugawa been allowed to hold us up. Time to die.

Of the 58 Brave divisions who assailed Nagasaki, 28 entered its gates, 12 died tying to beach the defences, with the remaining 18 remaining outside to remember the fallen.

Spoiler :

2 Great Generals were born from this bloody conflict. 37 enemy Divisions were destroyed, the back of Tokugawa should now have been broken.

Numerous divisional units are rush bought.

An attack was attempted upon Izumo, some losses were taken, but greater then expected defenders held off the attackers for 1 more turn.

The True Prize in Pursan was taken, with fanatical defence from the Japanese, leaving it to the Medic Division of the Great General leader Robert E Lee to finally eliminate the final defender and claim the city.

T+5

Fanatical the Japanese resistance maybe, but their cities continue to fall, Nara has Fallen, and Mansa continues his strategy of enveloping the Inner sea in a Ring of Malinese cities.

T+6

Finally no more fanatical assaults upon our liberating troops, Tokugawa's back has been broken.

Even as the Rabid Tokugawa continues his rabid defence of the Doomed city of Izumo, consigning it to being a Slaughter house of both Japanese and Malinese troops, his other cities continue to fall. With a Full Divisional army being produced every turn, and Elephantine now having completed its Airport, being used as the Rally point in the front lines, the end is just a matter of Elimination of the Vassal and Conquest.

T+7- End

Troops continue to Pour into Elephantine, where an airport is not available to fly troops out of cities, one is rush purchased that turn to fly out troops the next turn.

Bombers continue to be produced, with Brennus showing some nouse for a change and sending a stack of Tanks to take the final Korean city of Hyangsan. Eliminating Wang Kon.

Tokugawa continues to believe he's doing fine on his own, losing core cities is not the definition of doing fine.

Izumo finally falls, again leaving it to the Medical division of Great General George Patton to eliminate the final defender.

With the Final assault being conducted upon Tokyo, Tokugawa's has finally seen reason.

Spoiler :

Was it the Fall of Izumo, that slaughterhouse that finally tipped his hand, was it the destruction of the defenders of Tokyo, or quite possibly it was the Cash rushing of a Divisional Army every turn virtually that finally made the difference

Spoiler :

Finally Mansa Musa had achieved his one singular goal, to urbanize the worlds population under cottages. His people were a simple folk, taking pleasure in the Good things of life, with a roof over their heads, a meal on the table and all being employed in the cottage industry, the invisible hand guiding the Economic lives of all, was once more a feather light touch in a velvet Glove.

Spoiler :

Such is the Wealth of Nations

lurker's comment:

Happy to see this game come to a conclusion, even if the last sets were mostly mop-up. Good job to those who played. Interesting tidbits from the final screenshot: The list of improvements is topped by four variations of cottage. Also a lot of cavalry found their demise.

In the end, Calvary were just shock troops, attacking at 30% initially.

Improvements, I didn't even bother raising them in my last set, as per the variant, too much micro, makes my head spin.

you'll notice the Airports out build the Stables and fell 1 behind the barracks. Both Barracks and stable give 5 Promotion Calvary, with State religion, that got to 7.

Elephantine was the city rally point, right on the borders of Tokugawa, Being able to fly in 15-25 Calvary/turn ensured the win in the end. Along with Bombers based in Airports. (8 as opposed to 4 normally without)

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm just happy to finalise it now.

Top Bottom