Kraz01- The Totally Mad Scientists

Kraznaya

Princeps
Hey SGers, since its Holiday Break and I'm going to have some free time, I felt like joining/starting a SG. Unfortunately, a quick look at this forum showed me that most of the SGs were out of my range. I usually play Emperor or Monarch, and I think an always war deity game or limiting yourself to one or three cities while attempting a conquest victory is somewhat out of my range.

So here's what I propose:

Variant is eugenics, in which we believe that all other civs are inferior and there culture is obsolete. We must not buy or take any technology from them, or keep any of there culture around (raze everything). We however, can use slave labor, so that our superior people will not have to always do the menial labor of our society. The eventual goal is to propel ourselves to the stars without the help or any trade with any other civilization (Peace treaty is a trade). This includes spying.

Difficulty level is monarch or emperor, I do not mind emperor if the other players are confident.

I would prefer a large map, continents, with all vic conditions on, except wonder.

48-48 for got it and play sound reasonable to me.

I would like to try one of the lesser used civs, such as Portugal and Hittites. If anyone would like to roll a few starts and play out a few turns, thats f ine with me.

Anyone interested?

Tentative Rules-

Civ: Portugal
Map: Large, Continents, default weather and terrain
Barbs: Roaming
All Vic Conditions On, except Wonder
Variant: AWM, no technology from other civs ever, including TGL, trading, and spying. Captured cities are always raze. To keep with the tech theme, I would prefer to win by space, although if we get that far we could probably win by conquest. But space is the desired vic. I also think we should get fascism and switch as soon as we go Industrial, to keep with the eugenics thing.
Start:
Spoiler :

48/48 for got it/play, 20-10-10-10-etc. turns

Roster-
Kraznaya
Tasslehoff
TheOverseer714
?
Elephantium ( (?) perhaps next week)

Known Lurkers-
CommandoBob
El J

NEW:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/62725/Potential_Start1.SAV

Here's the 4000 BC save in case anyone is interested.

The eventual goal is to propel ourselves to the stars without the help or any trade with any other civilization (Peace treaty is a trade).
I'm confused on peace treaties.

Once at war with a civ, always at war with that civ?

Sorry, the wording was confusing. It means strict AW. No trades ever, including the initial meetup. Let me know if you guys want Monarch or Emperor with this in mind.

Isn't it not quite AW? Because the way it's set up, we don't have to DoW immediately on meeting them, we just can never make peace or trade.

Anyway, I'm still interested, but I'm less comfortable playing such a difficult variant on Emperor- I have yet to win on Emperor, but I'm fairly strong at Monarch.

Okay, Monarch is fine, I have to say I would not attempt to play this solo at emperor.

So in an attempt to clarify the variant:

Civ: Hittites or Portugal, suggestions welcome
Map: Large, Continents, default weather and terrain
Barbs: Roaming
All Vic Conditions On, except Wonder
Variant: AWM, no technology from other civs ever, including TGL, trading, and spying. Captured cities are always raze. To keep with the tech theme, I would prefer to win by space, although if we get that far we could probably win by conquest. But space is the desired vic.
48/48 for got it/play.

If you're fine with that I/you/others can start rolling starts.

Here are some starts, for anyone who is interested.

Portugal One

Portugal Two

Portugal Three

Hittites One

Hittites Two

Hittites Three

An AWM aiming for a Space Ship Victory, not conquest.

Sounds interesting.

But I must decline and become a lurker, at least for now.

I'm in three SGs right now (CBob03, SGTOM13 and MTDG2) and that is my limit for the near future. Otherwise, the Charming Mrs. CommandoBob becomes upset.

Hey El_J, glad to have you along for the ride. Your AoI scenario is great.

Its ok, CommandoBob, I know AW's usually take a ton of time, especially as the game goes on. I would love to seen you break out your tons of statistical data and analysis but even you lurking along would be great.

I took a look at the starts a time when it was not 2AM in the morning, and I must say I like Port#1 a lot. Its short on food, but I think BGs are more important at this point. The lack of plains also means it is in a corner of the map, always a good thing for AW.

The first start looks best because rivers equal commerce, and there are 4 BG's for shields and at least one forest. Also, several of the others would require moving the settler to avoid wasting a good tile. If you can't find enough players, I am interested. I do have committments to so many SG's, but some are less time consuming than others. Put me in as an interested party.

Hey Overseer, good to see you. I'd really appreciate it if you join, especially as CommandoBob had to waive himself off, and I'd really like to get the ball rolling.

I wouldn't mind doing 48/72 slots if people are too worried about time allotement, but that has a risk of dying from a long freeze of inactivity.

Start 1 is good IMO. River + Coast + Cow +4 BGs. :D . I also like start 2, because the Ivory could mean the SoZ, but Start 1 is stronger shield/food-wise.

EDIT: Yes, I am confirming my spot.

I'll sign up but can I be 3rd or 4th? I'm up right now in Rat26 and soon will be up in another one.

Just to add my thoughts on the starts (not that it matters :D).

I like #1 also. River for good growth, cows and BGs and lots of green. The only thing it lacks is a luxury.

At Monarch, the first two citizens are born content, the third one is cranky. At Emperor, the first citizen is born content, the second is cranky.

That means a little more time to explore and find a luxury and connect it. Otherswise you need to play with the happy slider to keep the cities productive.

Early in the game, the happy slider is a much better choice than hiring a clown because your empire is so small and every citizen needs to be working a tile to benefit the Greater Kraznaya Empire. (Hmm, maybe that should be the Kraznaya Empire of Greatness, it has a snappier abbreviation!)

I don't quite have enough time to join, but I'll be watching. I might be able to join once Rat26 wraps up - and I'll have extra free time next week (yay for extra days off work!).

I don't quite have enough time to join, but I'll be watching. I might be able to join once Rat26 wraps up - and I'll have extra free time next week (yay for extra days off work!).

Hey phant, I hope you can join. I'm in the same boat with the extra time, today was the last day of school before holiday break. :D

Just to add my thoughts on the starts (not that it matters :D).

I like #1 also. River for good growth, cows and BGs and lots of green. The only thing it lacks is a luxury.

At Monarch, the first two citizens are born content, the third one is cranky. At Emperor, the first citizen is born content, the second is cranky.

That means a little more time to explore and find a luxury and connect it. Otherswise you need to play with the happy slider to keep the cities productive.

Early in the game, the happy slider is a much better choice than hiring a clown because your empire is so small and every citizen needs to be working a tile to benefit the Greater Kraznaya Empire. (Hmm, maybe that should be the Kraznaya Empire of Greatness, it has a snappier abbreviation!)

Heh, I'm happy that I know enough that I expected this type of advice and understand it before I started an AWM-based variant. :p

KEG sounds pretty cool, although I'm not sure my fellow generals would be happy with that since Portugal is actually ruled by a rotating oligarchy.
Oh well, its always a good time to start cultivating my cult of personality. :D

I'm starting to itch to get going on this, play 20 turns, but of course strategic talks come first.

One thing that intrigues me is the variant. Since we cannot build the GLB, we have to do all our own self research. This being AW, the reasonable paths to take would be Bronze Working or Warrior Code. Going to Iron Working and Swords is pretty awesome but Archers are the safer choice in that respect. We also want to get Maths soon for cats.

Ancient Age research is usually switched off or kept at a minimum, but can we still research at 10% when we can't trade or get gl?

Since we have pots to begin with, should we build a granary before we build a settler?

We are going with CxxC spacing, right?

Top Bottom