Kruelgor's Huge Earth

Version 4 is uploaded
-----------------------------------
Americans removed.

Aztecs removed.

25 Native American tribes added as a massive "city state" region labeled as Native Americans.

Aztec city state added.

Mongols added (begins with animal husbandary & horseback riding technologies, and a horseman)

Wrap-around has been removed. It is now just a flat earth. This makes it impossible for Japan/Asia to colonize America which is the effect I want due to the Pacific being much smaller than I would have liked.

Extended cultural boundaries for some city states.

Version 4 is uploaded
-----------------------------------
Americans removed.

Aztecs removed.

25 Native American tribes added as a massive "city state" region labeled as Native Americans.

Aztec city state added.

Mongols added (begins with animal husbandary & horseback riding technologies, and a horseman)

Wrap-around has been removed. It is now just a flat earth. This makes it impossible for Japan/Asia to colonize America which is the effect I want due to the Pacific being much smaller than I would have liked.

Shouldn´t this rather be dependent on the frequency of this happening? So far I´ve only encountered one Asian city in the Americas in all of my games (playing as the English). The isle civs of England and Japan are usually terrible at crossing ocean and the Asian civs usually colonize south- and northward, not eastward.

Otherwise: :goodjob: Will try it out ASAP.

I had to upload a version 5:

- changed the world back to wrap-around.

- adjusted native american culture boundary so Europeans can colonize the edge of the north america.

Great!

Any terrain changes to the Carpathian Mountains in south-east Europe?

Also, did you add any city-states to equate as: Etruscans, Illyria, or Thrace?

Finally, any chance to bring the entire world map down a bit to allow for more exposure of the Northern Latitudes? There seems to be a lot of wasted water on the bottom of the map.

Great!

Any terrain changes to the Carpathian Mountains in south-east Europe?

Also, did you add any city-states to equate as: Etruscans, Illyria, or Thrace?

Finally, any chance to bring the entire world map down a bit to allow for more exposure of the Northern Latitudes? There seems to be a lot of wasted water on the bottom of the map.

This is not an ancient-exclusive scenario so I wont be adding ultra-ancient civilizations such as the Etruscans. Keep an eye out for my Roman Empire scenario coming within a week or two.

There's no real reason to throw in the frozen tundra regions of the north pole either.

I'll keep the Carpathians in mind for the next version.

This is not an ancient-exclusive scenario so I wont be adding ultra-ancient civilizations such as the Etruscans. Keep an eye out for my Roman Empire scenario coming within a week or two.

There's no real reason to throw in the frozen tundra regions of the north pole either.

I'll keep the Carpathians in mind for the next version.

Right on!

I'm looking forward to checking it out.

If you're looking for resources for historical accuracy. Here's a good reference:

http://www.forumromanum.org/history/morey10.html

I had to upload a version 5:

- changed the world back to wrap-around.

- adjusted native american culture boundary so Europeans can colonize the edge of the north america.

Cool! Sadly I can´t play it; I´ve installed and removed twice, but I keep getting ´Another version has already been enabled´... Which isn´t so. :crazyeye:

Why? What's the point of this? This is basiclly LEM with Mongolia now!

Well, at least you're cutting out all of them now, so you're not being bigoted anymore...

I never was bigoted, but if you really want to have that kind of trollish conversation then email me at kruelgor [at] yahoo.com We'll debate it. Littering this forum with such trashy rhetoric wouldn't be good.

I never was bigoted, but if you really want to have that kind of trollish conversation then email me at kruelgor [at] yahoo.com We'll debate it. Littering this forum with such trashy rhetoric wouldn't be good.

I like how you ignored my comments on the map, and just went straight for that comment. :rolleyes:

But really, this is just becoming LEM, but with Mongolia. There's no American civs, there's a huge focus on colonozation, etc.

The reason to why rhese should be added as city-states is to shape the growth of the empires in these areas. As it is now All you need to do to win is to pick romans, warrior rush france and germany and then you will be unstoppable. But things like that dident happend, Romans conqured greece and went east, same as the erlier greece empire did.

The reason is just these states, very strong military and well developed states. They had cities with massive walls and well trained warriors, but thire land wasent very rich. So it wouldent be worth the resources to conquere them.

But without thoes states one will just expand to the north beyond these statas and take the power spots and grow out of control.

Guess I'll have to get the mapeditor working and make my own world map :p

The reason to why rhese should be added as city-states is to shape the growth of the empires in these areas. As it is now All you need to do to win is to pick romans, warrior rush france and germany and then you will be unstoppable. But things like that dident happend, Romans conqured greece and went east, same as the erlier greece empire did.

The reason is just these states, very strong military and well developed states. They had cities with massive walls and well trained warriors, but thire land wasent very rich. So it wouldent be worth the resources to conquere them.

But without thoes states one will just expand to the north beyond these statas and take the power spots and grow out of control.

Guess I'll have to get the mapeditor working and make my own world map :p

The real problem is the AI is not very smart, which is exactly the reason why my upcoming Roman Empire scenario will only have the Romans as a playable civ. I can make all the non-playable civs as powerful as I need in order to make it a challenge.

I am playing the Songhai on revision 5, King level, currently at turn 200. It's a splendid challenge. With all those barbs and the mass of jungle you need to clear to develop luxuries and food sources it takes a while to get rolling. This side seems to be nicely balanced on this level, in the sense that it takes careful play and sound tactics to make defensible progress. Good luck keeping your early scouts alive. Make good use of the city states in Africa using all the gold you get clearing the encampments. It's hard to imagine how the Songhai could win, but I suppose culture is the best choice.

I am playing the Songhai on revision 5, King level, currently at turn 200. It's a splendid challenge. With all those barbs and the mass of jungle you need to clear to develop luxuries and food sources it takes a while to get rolling. This side seems to be nicely balanced on this level, in the sense that it takes careful play and sound tactics to make defensible progress. Good luck keeping your early scouts alive. Make good use of the city states in Africa using all the gold you get clearing the encampments. It's hard to imagine how the Songhai could win, but I suppose culture is the best choice.

I'm glad you're having a challenging experience. That's good to hear.

I'm curious to know if you've been able to tap into the riches of south africa.

A question:
in v5, are the natives in America are played as city-states, can you have them as allies?
Or only the Aztec and Brasil ones?

Top Bottom