Kruelgor's Roman Empire

TIME PERIOD
Each turn will represent 1 year. Game begins in 650bc with the player only starting with just one city, Rome! All cities will already be pre-established on the map for conquering. Cities cannot be razed and settler creation will not be possible.

The Roman monarchy was overthrown in 508bc and a Republic was established. I think I will start the game in 650bc during the monarchy period. The Romans will start the game with the following techs (see tech tree): Civilized, Tribalism, Tribal Army, and Monarchy. So the Romans will be roughly 100 to 150 turns away from discovering The Republic. The scenario is of epic proportion and will be designed for a typical game to last about 1150 turns (to end around 500 AD).

Does it mean that we won't need researching after 120 AD or something like this?
I am saying this because tech tree is really small for 1190 turns.

That is correct. It should also be noted that the 'Horde Army' is somewhat stronger than the Roman Legion, and thus as a consequence will lead to the downfall and sack of the Roman Empire. The 'Horde Army' will take a long time for the barbarian nations to discover as it'll be designed to be reached between 200 AD and 300 AD.

I may expand the tech tree in future versions of the game. Right now, I just want to get version 1.0 out as soon as possible.

The other reason the tech tree is a bit simplified and generic is because I want to make it where all major civilizations are playable. Orginally, I was just going to make the Romans the only playable civ. With the starting year being in 650bc this theoretically means you could play as the Macedonians and 'pretend' you are Alexander the Great, although once the Romans discover 'Professional Army' you will be outclassed by the Roman Legion unit. Historically, we know that the Macedonians pushed eastward towards Persia and not westward. Although, in this scenario the Persians are called Parthians (for the Roman scenario's sake). However, it will be interesting to see what may have been with an alternate history if the Macedonians push their superior forces into the Roman peninsula early on instead of the far east. However, note that there will be some city state and barbarian nation buffers to help prevent a Macedonian push into the Roman peninsula.

what about adding one more unit to the "horde army" tech? I am talking about some cavalry unit for Attila's army

In addition I think that someone mentioned that you can't have more than 4 prerequisites for tech to be researchable but your "New age" tech has 6 prerequisites

I got the new technologies figured out. I'm going to make a very large extensive tech tree (much bigger than the tech tree I posted earlier).

Just last night, I finally figured out how to create new units by using the existing animations. So I'll be adding several new units there (i.e. Slaves, Praetorian Guard, different levels of swordsmen, etc..)

Now, I'm going to figure out how to create new buildings with existing graphics. I have a few I want to add (slave camp, temple of Jupiter, possibly temples of all the major gods, The Senate would be a cool structure, etc...)

*still waiting for this cool looking mod to be dreleased* :scan:

Hey buddy, sorry for the long wait. I was so frustrated back in December, that I took MANY months off. Now I'm back determined more than ever. I'm getting some good headway. I'm saving myself some time by getting rid of the elaborate 2D leaderheads, but I have a nice substitute. You'll just have to wait and see. :

Maybe by Sunday it will be completed, maybe.

The new tech tree I'm making right now is quite large. I'm basically making a unique technology for each and every building, trait, resource, etc...

I'm also adding Slave Camp and Bath House as unique structure for Romans. The Slave Camp will increase production in the city, but will increase unhappiness.

I think I can do this, I'm going to make barbarian units turn into a captured worker when they are defeated in battle to represent SLAVERY! Now, when I say 'Barbarian" I'm referring to major nations that are classified as barbarian (i.e. primarily the tribes in Gaul, Britannia, and Germania, Sarmatia, Thrace, etc..)

Shew! Just had a major breakthrough, took me literally ALL day long. I have completed a massive extensive tech tree (approximately 95 technologies to discover) and it works perfect. However, I have a ton of wonders, buildings and special units to make to fill the tech tree which shouldn't take me too long since I will be using animations and images that already came with the game.

Top Bottom