1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Kulturkampf

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by NorthernPalmyra, Jan 9, 2019.

1. NorthernPalmyra

NorthernPalmyra Chieftain

Ive been playing Russia as normal and generating loads of great writers , painters and musicians I cannot accomadate the great works of.What have I done wrong or failed to do correctly as I cannot form them into a Corps or army I'm a bit stuck what to do

2. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Yep this can happen, you just need to keep them safe until you can get some more culture districts up and running

3. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Build more theatre squares. Or just sell off all the extra great works for large gold sums. That's just how Russia plays.

4. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Yup, I ended up with an annoying pool of unemployed immortal Great WAMs the last time I played as Russia.

5. jddods

jddods Chieftain

You can send them out exploring, when you want them to come home send them over to barb camp for a coffee.

Plaidman, rlw33, tedhebert and 2 others like this.
  6. redfox85

redfox85 Chieftain

I use them for line of sight in the arctic type areas to prevent barb camps from spawning.

Plaidman likes this.
  7. Steamboat Willem

Steamboat Willem Chieftain

Is barbarian coffee _that_ bad?

8. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Naah, it's more of a Jesus-esque enlightenment, they die and resurrect in your closest city.

9. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

It was a bit funny when I sent my Russian Homer on an Odyssey of his own on a huge map - he ended up circumnavigating the world after thousands of years, actually beating Odysseus in the scale of his effort.

10. NorthernPalmyra

NorthernPalmyra Chieftain

can't move for the buggers

11. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

Trade great works for relics. Every temple you build has a relic slot that normally goes unused. Might as well trade something you can't slot for something you can.

Other than that, you just have to get more slots. Found a religion with cathedrals. Recruit Giovanni de Medici if he shows up. Try to get the Great Library, the Apadana, the Hermitage, Bolshoi Theater, Oxford University, Broadway, and the Sydney Opera House. Build a national history museum in your government plaza.