Kylorin, where are you?

cypher132

Emperor
I've read the other two threads about him, but it doesn't seem we ever figured out where he and the Godslayer went. Does anyone know where he is?

The pedia used to claim that he took the heart of Sucellus from Letum Frigus after defeating Mulcarn and brought it to Nantosuelta at Sucellus's tomb so the god could be resurrected, but that pedia entry was removed and a few other things written in it seem quite inconsistent with other lore we know. Now it isn't really all that clear he survived the battle.

If he did survive, then he is likely the old man in crimson robes that will bring someone the godslayer whenever the Ascention ritual is completed, and then leaves. It seems he may have grown weary of fighting and hasn't the will to be the champion of Erebus again, but still wants to prevent another ice age.
TXT_KEY_EVENT_GODSLAYER said:
Stories of the God of Winter reborn are spreading through our people. Can even the most powerful army defeat a god? You are deep in thought on this when a man in crimson robes approaches your throne. You are surprised to see him walk past your guards but they, and the rest of the throne room, seem somehow grey and distant to you. Only the man seems real.

"Who are you?", you ask.

"An old man. I've come to warn you about Auric and his ascension. There is a sword, made to enforce the Compact that may help."

He hands you a map and turns to leave

"I've heard of the sword," you yell after him, "will it work on a man with a god's power?"

"I certainly hope so."

If Kylorin is still around, he is probably either with a reincarnation of Eve/Epona or searching for her. She may have been reborn far from the civs we know or just be a very ordinary person in her current life. Kylorin has come to dislike positions of power, and would prefer to spend the rest of his nearly "eternal life" in anonymity with his beloved. (Kylorin is still mortal, but Ceridwen's spell made him never age and means his death will have to be a violent one. I don't have any real evidence for it, but I get the impression that the reincarnation curse on Eve actually brings her back to whatever plane Kylorin inhabits, so she would be able to find rest in the netherworld if Kylorin gave up on staying in Erebus in order to protect her. The bond between them seems greater than that between them and the world, and that just seems to me to be how dimensional magic would operate best. Of course, it would not be in Ceridwen's nature to tell Kylorin that this chance for them to find peace exists, unless maybe he were convinced that he would be dragging Eve to hell if he let himself die.)

Sounds like Kylorin. Red robes, describes himself as old, invisible...

I liked to think that the gods made Kylorin the Godslayer's guardian (or possibly the Godslayer made Kylorin it's guardian?). Certainly the description of how the man in the pedia seems to "you" is much like how the Godslayer is described by Kylorin in the AOI event when you reforge the blade- as more real than everything else around it.

Top Bottom