Kynda Class Missile Cruiser WIP

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright
This is my latest project, the early cold war Russian missile cruiser Kynda. I pretty much have just the radars left to model, then do some texturing and then off to animation.

Preview updated 09/20/05.

Attachments

• Kynda Preview 02.jpg
    Kynda Preview 02.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 129
Nice, any overall list of projects?

Well, I don't want to 'officially' commit to anything, but the following is a list of what I would like to do, but I'm not saying for sure that I will do them.

Kara CG, Kresta I/II CG, Moskva Helo Carrier, Albany CAG, Des Moines CA, Spruance DDG.

Des Moines ww2 cruiser?
Moskva, good Idea

I got the Spruance model, want it?
Want a reallly good Burke model, I can give it to you too.
I'm still busy with my ww2 stuff anyway.
Or do you prefer to just make your own anyway?

Wyrmshadow, I'm certaily interested in the Spruance model. I do already have an Arleigh Burke, I was converting it to the Flight IIA.

The Des Moines class cruiser fascinates me. What sparked my interest was Tom Clancy's book, "Without Remorse", has the USS Newport News in it. So I bought some books on older US crusiers, and have to say, the Des Moines class is quite a ship. Gotta love those auto-loading 8" guns, and their high rate of fire.

Well the Burke I have looks like the newest model.

Vingrjoe,
your ships and Wyrmshadow really light up this game. Just wonderful to watch, and one always wishes for the games animation to be bigger so all your details can be watch all out.

I do like to ask about british cruisers, both WW2 and later modern ones.
If I haven't missed them all out I do miss seing some like the WW2 classes Fiji, Southampton, Swiftsure, Edinburgh, Leander, York and perhaps the Kent classes. Not sure if any of these have ever been made with high standard as yours. Any hopes....
The modern types I think the Tiger class in the late 50's should be a fine addition to make the jump the British made from Cruiser to Modern Heavy Destroyers. The County class destroyers in the 60's was as big as WW2 Cruisers and I believe the Tiger class was the last of British Cruisers of the WW2 type.

Just my thoughts
Cemo

cemo1956, I'm happy that you enjoy my work. That is alot of ships you mentioned. I'm mainly making Cold War era ships at the moment, but at a slow pace (real life dictates my computer time). Wyrmshadow is making a huge collection of ships plus other units for the WWII, SOE (Storm Over Europe) Mod. I don't think they have an official release date for that, but you could PM Wyrmshadow and see if any of those British cruisers will be in that mod.

I'm going to playing around with textures more in this model. I posted an updated preview picture in the first post of this thread.

Here is a comparison on scales. The ship on the left is original size at 100%. The ship on the right has been scaled up 20% and I adjusted the lighting. I probably will animate it at 120%. I may not do any more texturing as at Civ scale, it loses it's definition.

Attachments

• size comparison.gif
    size comparison.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 111
vingrjoe said:
Here is a comparison on scales. The ship on the left is original size at 100%. The ship on the right has been scaled up 20% and I adjusted the lighting. I probably will animate it at 120%. I may not do any more texturing as at Civ scale, it loses it's definition.

As usual, VingRJoe, your work is a beautiful thing.
Only problem with the Kydna class is that in El Justo's Cold War game, the Kydna is a relatively shortlived ship before it is upgraded to the Kara class, so in El Justo's game at least, the Kydna graphics cannot be enjoyed that long.

Any way we could press you to do the Kara class graphics, which is around a lot longer in the game?

well done vingrjoe...i like it at 120% also. you can see the detail a little better.

I_B,

isn't the Kynda the one i moved back in the tech tree (or was that the kresta)? i often get those commie ships confused...

anyway, maybe we could look into giving the Kynda longer life? or, maybe even sub in the Kynda gfx so that we can 'enjoy' them...

Funny you should mention the Kara class, I_batman, that one and the Kresta I/II are on my unofficial 'to do' list.

Top Bottom