Kyoto City Set

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
A city-set inspired by the Japanese city of Kyoto. Buildings were made with both Blender 2.5 and Bryce 7. This is the first of a new series based on major historical cities - I have in mind doing Luoyang (China), Varanasi (India), and Tashkent (Uzbekistan) sometime later.

DOWNLOAD: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21628

Note that there's an issue with "super-sized cities" in that buildings may overlap other tiles. I may go back to tweaking these graphics, but I'll be away from my laptop for a full month so I just went ahead and released these for now. There were some other things I produced as shown in the preview thread - those will be released when I get back from Korea.

IN-GAME PREVIEW:
Spoiler :

By the way, if anyone is wondering why the Heian era size 3 city looks so big, simply type up "Heian" or "Heian-kyo" on Google images and notice how spread out the city was. ;)

Thanks for the comments. Glad you also like the irregular city walls; I liked how that turned out with the Tamna city set so I decided to go with that again here. Simple square or rectangle shaped city wall layouts just felt too unnatural.

[I'm posting this message as I am ina cafe in Korea right now ;) ]

Nice work Ogedei :)

There are some things which personally i would have done differently (mentioned in your preview thread), but surely this is your best 3d city yet in my view, and i am equally certain you will produce even better work of this type in the future :)

Looks great, Ogedei! Very nice cities!:goodjob::)

Top Bottom