1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mjs0, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mjs0

mjs0 The 4th X

Maybe I'm just imagining things but it looks to me as if we have far fewer, and less relevant, screenshots of BTS than we had of Warlords at the same time before release last year.

When I looked back at IGN's previews and screenshots from last year. Two things leaped out at me
    1. There were far more screenshots for Warlords, released by this stage just at IGN than the total we have so far for BTS,
    2. The screenshots seemed more real...views of actual gameplay and diplomacy/advisor screens rather than just the staged screenshots I have seen so far for BTS
    Am I being overly suspicious or is it possible there are some graphical or interface changes in BTS that they are holding back from us?

Edit: Hmmm...a quick check of the Warlords/BTS gallery here at CivFanatics confirms that about a month ago in relative time Warlords already had around twice as many screenshots as we have today for BTS, and those for BTS still look really staged to me.

2. Red Threat

Red Threat 52ª brigata Garibaldi

Maybe Firaxis is changing its pre-release policy.

Think also that (if I remember correctly) we had no chat session with Firaxis before the release.