lag in MP games

upload_2019-6-3_15-59-43.png

Have a good comp but for some reason game works better under DX11 for me.

BTW i play with stratigic view. but stil lag sometimes.so its all 2d. so i dont know why my 3d card is using so much power sometimes like 100%. maybe someone can explain to me

Last edited:
The game is peer to peer, so the lag may not be your fault. I find having just one player with a red connection light (ping over 200ms) will significantly effect the response of the game. Also, turn off all the graphics choices, even the ones under advanced. Just putting the slider to the minimums won't turn off all graphic effects.

Well i play stratigic view. Wich is all 2d so the 3d effects are all disabled i think. But still lag sometimes dont really understand nothing is 100% busy in taskmanager. accecpt the videocard sometimes

Have you ran the ingame Benchmarks to see how you score? if you post the results here I'll give you my opinion

CS

You should not lag in Multiplayer, at all. You have some setting or something on that lags you.

1. Always use Dx 11. NEVER 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Check Civ logs so civ isnt using windows GPU software driver. INSTEAD of your GPU! This is not a rare problem.

When you enter the Multiplayer menu, and create your own MP game. Does it lag in that lobby?

Top Bottom