Lags before every move is completed

I EAT CRAYONS

Eater of Crayons
Hello,
I've just recently started playing FF after playing regular FfH for a while. However, the game freezes for a bit before every move is completed--if I move a warrior, for example, the game will freeze a bit just after the warrior starts moving and before the move is completed. This does not happen in vanilla Civ 4 or in regular FfH, and I'm pretty sure it has nothign to do with graphics settings since it still happens the same amount on the lowest settings. Is there any way to get around this?

This drives me nuts too. The best I've been able to do is turn off movement animations (not unit animations, I forget what exactly the option is called). You still get the pauses, but you remove the movement, so its a little faster.

A side note - I just tried out Wild Mana today, and was dismayed that it has the same issue. Looks like its back to vanilla again!

One thing you could do in Wildmana is to disable the PLE. But if you have the problem in FF and Wildmana which don't have much in common it sounds like it is not a problem of the modmods.

Hmm, so Wildmana and FF don't share a dll? Interesting... You don't happen to call PyOnMove still, do you?

BTW, what is the PLE? I love the mod so far (although the barbarians are a bit much), and I'd like to keep playing it.

barbarians will be a bit less in the next patch. PLE is Plot List Enhancemencts, you can find it in the BUG menu. I haven't changed PyOnMove at all from how it works in FFH.

Necro: Valk posted the apparent source of this problem here. Thanks to Snarko for finding it - a block of python in the interface that appears to be unneeded.

Oh, and I don't know what I was seeing in my post above - I've been playing WM for a few months now and there actually isn't the lag between moves. Sorry...

Top Bottom