1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LakesPlus

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by [to_xp]Gekko, Feb 2, 2013.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

Nikis-Knight's huge map is fantastic, but its ginormous size makes it painful to play on in the endgame. I wanted a script that would create something similar in shape, and found the Snaky Pangaea script closest to what I wanted, but too grainy.

Since Snaky Pangaea is a modified Lakes script, it seemed like that would be a good base. so what this is is Lakes with lots more water, enlarged a bit to make up for the loss of usable tiles, and Y wrap enabled. give it a try, it should give a fun ffh experience.

screenshots show normal size, low/medium/high sealevel

Attached Files:

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

btw, if anyone knows how to compress the arctic climate band to get rid of some of the excessive ( imo ) snow it would be much appreciated :D

3. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha Chieftain

I did something similar on a custom Tectonics script; I think this is what you need:

Code:
    def getTopLatitude():
               return 75
    def getBottomLatitude():
               return -75

Nominal values are 90 and -90, which gives *way* too much snow IMO. You can tweak the values to get the look you want. 75 seems to give a little bit of tundra and little or no ice. But the oceans are still filled with ice at the top and bottom of the map; I'm not sure how to fix that (or whether it's possible).

4. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

thanx, that should work! if you enable Y wrap it gets rid of the ice at top and bottom.