Lan game 2 players rest AI, never near each other?

hisagishi

Chieftain
So I have been trying to figure out a way for us to spawn somewhere near each other, even if its just on the same continent.

We usually play continents, We have gotten near each other on the earth map, we don't want to play on teams.

Does the game force human players to be away from each other?

I only play civ nowadays with a friend, and I haven't figured out a way either. It's just luck of the draw. Sometimes he's on another continent, sometimes right next to me and first person I meet. Those are the easy games.

Luck of the draw, nothing you can do to force it. But it's also not forced upon you either.

We think it has to do with what number player positions you are and how many continents.

First player (always human) goes to continent 1
Second player goes to continent 2. (either AI or human)
Third player goes to continent 3, unless there are only two continents, then it goes to continent 1.
And so forth.

On a two continent game (Continents map) put the humans as players 1 and 3 to keep them on one continent.
On a three continent game, put the players as 1 and 4.
To distribute across continents, just go player 1, player 2, and so on for the humans.

If you are playing without AI, obviously this will not work.

We think it has to do with what number player positions you are and how many continents.

First player (always human) goes to continent 1
Second player goes to continent 2. (either AI or human)
Third player goes to continent 3, unless there are only two continents, then it goes to continent 1.
And so forth.

On a two continent game (Continents map) put the humans as players 1 and 3 to keep them on one continent.
On a three continent game, put the players as 1 and 4.
To distribute across continents, just go player 1, player 2, and so on for the humans.

If you are playing without AI, obviously this will not work.

Nope. I am always player 1 (host), buddy is always 2. Sometimes we start next to each other, sometimes we're on different continents. Random is random.

Top Bottom