LAN Troubles!

Cbeeching

Chieftain
Hi there,

My friend and I are trying to play Civ 2 over our wireless network, but having no luck! It works completely fine between my small netbook and my desktop PC (running on the same wireless network, without any configuration). But his laptop seems to have trouble finding anything. We've tried taking his anti-virus software off, turned off the windows firewall etc, but it just doesn't find the game - the game is found almost instantly between my PC and my Netbook.

We've tried playing over the internet (despite being in the same house), but that doesn't work either! I also downloaded that Hamachi software some people mentioned in other threads, and Gameranger, but on using both programs we get a message about him being behind a proxy (which he isn't - checked the internet options, which are identical to both my computers). Tried selecting and unselecting 'Automatically detect settings' in the LAN configuration too (as suggested on the Hamachi site).

Oh yeah, and all the computers are running XP.

I'm stuck, can't understand why it won't work..

Anyway, If anyone can point out something that might be causing the issue then i'd be grateful, thanks!

Top Bottom