Land area and size of the squares

WilsonCLX

Chieftain
Territorial extension and size of the squares

I don't know if this topic has been discussed before on this forum. But I'm curious... In the demographics window, land area is measured in square miles. Following this logic, how many miles is each square on the map supposed to measure?

Depends on the scenario and/or map.
Whole world scenarios will measure more while country/region maps(I.E. Britain or North America) will measure less or far less.
Randomly Generated or custom created via map editor map will measure whatever you want to.
Changing the measurement means editing the files then all maps will measure to that, personally i just ignore it depending on if i want to play a whole world map or just a country sized map.

Last edited:
This is interesting and I'm unfamiliar with the change. What file needs to be edited to change the measured size?

Actually, i think you can only change the measurement, not the numbers. For example, changing sq. miles to sq. kilometers or acres or parsecs or sq. lightyears or something.
It's in the labels.txt file.

Last edited:
Territorial extension and size of the squares

I don't know if this topic has been discussed before on this forum. But I'm curious... In the demographics window, land area is measured in square miles. Following this logic, how many miles is each square on the map supposed to measure?
If I parsed the decompiled code correctly, then the value in the "Land Area" line is the number of "owned" tiles multiplied by 1000. You can see visualization of the Ownership field here https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...dditions-civ2uia.623515/page-10#post-16285971

Top Bottom