Land Management Office

Civanator

Deity
Welcome to the new Land Management Office. Thanks to Stuck for making most of the rules, I'll just clarify them :)

1. Might makes right. The despot starts out with everything and everybody else grovels at his feet.

2. As territory grows it gets beyond the ability of one character to control. New nobles are raised to run these territories. They are sworn to allegiance but rebellions have been known to happen. The despot can actually give away land but this generally only happens as a reward to a long time loyal follower. More often the lesser nobles are running the despot’s land in service to him.

3. It’s possible for there to be more than one despot. If a revolt succeeds and is not put down by the despot that territory is then a separate entity. Note that newly acquired territory in the demogame still goes to the despot who holds the demogame capital.

4. In a monarchy new land goes to the most logical king. That is the royal character that has adjoining lands, nearby capital, etc.

5. In republic and democracy new land is offered for general sale to the populace.

6. In communism all land reverts to control of the government.

7. Land provides a number of gold, shields and food that it would generate if worked in a city. If no city controlled by the tile owner can access the tile it never makes more than what is shown when right clicking on the tile in the game. Gold can be converted to food or shields with one gold making 1/2 of either. If currency hasn’t been discovered yet all gold produced must be taken as shields or food.

8. Cities produce the number of gold, shields and food for the tile they reside on plus an additional gold for each population point.
IE: Noshuret has 3 citizens. each citizen gives +1 gold, giving +3 gold plus the income from that tile.

9. A single contiguous land territory that has at least 5 tiles or more it will receive an additional gold per tile in the territory. If the territory has 10 * P receives 2 gold per tile in the territory and one that has 15 * P receives 3 gold per tile in the territory. 25 * P receives 5 gold per tile in the territory. 50 * P receives 25 gold per tile in the territory.

10. The Land Manager has overall authority over land issues and is responsible for keeping track of ownership, territories and the base f/s/g values of the tiles. Please use f/s/g order when posting incomes for verification.

11. *SPECIAL* I am polling Land Maintenance after the next turn chat. See the next post for details.

well, to the corruption i have a nice and neat proposal:

skip it, instead implement maintenance cost for land tiles.

proposal:
each land tile costs log(10;accounting+2) gold per turnchat for maintenance. only land tiles which you pay maintenance for will receive output.

if you own tiles for which you dont pay maintenance, they produce no output.

easy, isnt it? the above formula will produce a payment of 3.32g/tc for accounting=0, 1g/tc for accounting=8 and 0.65g/tc for accounting=32... accounting=6 will produce a 1.11g/tc maintenance cost.
in the above example when owning 69 tiles and having accounting on 6, you will have to pay 69*1.11=76.59=76 g/tc to maintain all tiles.

of course the owner of the tiles can state which tiles he wishes to pay maintenance for and which ones he doesnt want to pay it for.

in case you dont have a calculator, here is a list of the values to use for different accounting ratings:
Code:
acc	g/tile/tc
0	3.32
1	2.10
2	1.66
3	1.43
4	1.29
5	1.18
6	1.11
7	1.05
8	1.00
9	0.96
10	0.93
11	0.90
12	0.87
13	0.85
14	0.83
15	0.81
16	0.80
17	0.78
18	0.77
19	0.76
20	0.74
21	0.73
22	0.72
23	0.72
24	0.71
25	0.70
26	0.69
27	0.68
28	0.68
29	0.67
30	0.66
31	0.66
32	0.65

oh, and maybe an addition to that would be that the first 10 tiles could be free of maintenance ;-)

@civanator:
maybe one addition: the number of "free tiles" could be defined as 8+Work-Efficiency... just to get another factor into the calculation ;-)

so if someone has a WE of 32, he/she would get 32+8 tiles for free (for each tile over 32 he/she would though have to pay 3 g/tc as he would have accounting of 0 ;-)

@stuck
your rpg-manager's voice is almost unreadable :)
also, i promised you you WILL need a scientific calculator for my proposals ;-)

@von_Clausewitz
if you only need land to build a business and dont need to own that land, you could build your business in the province of helenatica (we will soon have a real thread, for the moment we still reside in the lifesanian family thread). we give away land for usage (you could get all resources except the gold of a tile)... you could contact the grand vizier of helenatica, SaaM (Stuck_As_a_Mac) for details...

@Civanator, Well you have gotten another Term in the Land Department :). And It looks like I am still the Land manager's Deputy and Conflict Manager :) (And you are still the Conflict Deputy :) )

Civanator.........done. :D

SaaM, we are not going by the map? That is disheartening. I was hoping that we could try to get back to an RPG that is loosely based on the actual game. Let me know what you think.

I guess my question should be:

Are we not using the cities on the map, and if not, why?

Also, where can I find the map of everyones holdings? Shouldn't that info be in this thread as well? Or at least a link to it, if it is elsewhere?

well, we are using the cities... where do you get the idea from that we dont use them?

the only difference to the dg is that the capitol of fanatica in the rpg is gorina, because a former despot mooved it there... also we have different provincial borders, as they are mostly defined by our ownings.

for helenatica (one of the provinces) you can find the map in its thread. and i think in one of the archived land office threads you also find a fanatican map of the ownings....

but you are right... we may have to discipline our land office a bit >-)

@land officer: please provide a map of the current ownings and maybe even a standardized coordinate system in one of the first posts of this thread :)

Top Bottom