Land of the Empires NES

puglover

Disturber of Worldviews

This is a new form of NES. You start with a Capitol in a cave somewhere on the map. (light green: forest, dark green: grassland, blue: river, yellow: sand) Try to keep your tribe alive to last past the copper age, into the Classical Age, and through the rest of time, to the FUTURE ERA, where new worlds will be opened up to you.

Step 1: Imagine a tribe in the stone age striving to become an empire spaning the ages.
Step 2: READ THE RULES!
Step 3: Name the tribe and fill out the template
Step 4: Build some buildings and buy your first units
Step 5: Order expansion, and begin your quest of domination!

RULES

Money

Money is made in the Stone Age mainly by hunting, as you progress through time, you will find new ways to support your civilization. Right now, build hunter units and order them to hunt to get money.

Ages

Soon your tribe will become large enough to become a Copper Age civilization. To speed up this process, build Temples and other places of learning.

Citizens and Starting Stuff

You start with five citizens (little circles on map.) These are your main guys. You never say "Buy hunter" or "buy clubman", you always say "Train citizen to become hunter" or something like that. You also start with a house and a capitol. A capitol supports 2 units. If your capitol is destroyed, you have severe disadvantages (money loss, military morale sinkage.) A house can support 3 units. Citizens appear in your nation from time to time. But you can buy more if you need them.

Units

You may train your citizens to become soldiers or to become builders. Builders can build buildings. The more builders you have, the faster buildings are built. These are the kinds of units you can build....

Light Infantry: These are your basic soldiers. They fight worse than a Heavy Infantry, but they are cheap.
STONE AGE: Clubman
Cost: 2
Attack: 2
Little squares on map

Builders: See the beginning of the chapter.
Cost: 1
Look like regular citizens.

Heavy Infantry: These are your best infantry guys. They fight much better than LI, but cost more.
STONE AGE: Spearman
Cost: 3
Attack: 3
Big squares on map

Cavalry: These are the best soldiers. They cost a lot, but are excellent fighters and move faster.
STONE AGE: Horseman
Cost: 5
Attack: 4
Big circles on map

Worker: These guys give you money through their work. In later ages they need buildings to help them earn even more money.
STONE AGE: Hunters
Requires building: none

Citizens: People

Raft: Primitive naval unit. Can transport one unit. Risk of sinking is great.
Cost: 2

Buildings

Buildings are built by builders.

Temple: Increases chance of advancing to the next age.
Cost: 5

House: Supports 3 units.
Cost: 4

Template

Nation:
Leader:
Buildings:
Military:
Citizens:
Builders:
Workers:
Wonders:
Color:
Starting Location:
Money: 3

RESERVED

Nation: Normandy
Leader: Norman the Great
Buildings: 1 capitol, 1 house
Military: 0
Citizens: 3
Builders: 0
Workers: 0
Wonders: 0
Color: Light Blue
Starting Location: The southwest corner, on the river

Nation: Kyrstan
Leader: Erik
Buildings: 1 capitol, 1 house
Military: 0
Builders: 0
Workers: 0
Wonders: 0
Color: Black (is that okay?)
Starting Location: South

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 264
Buildings: ???
Military: ???
Builders: ???
Workers: ???
Wonders: ???

Originally posted by Sharkey
Buildings: ???
Military: ???
Citizens: ???
Builders: ???
Workers: ???
Wonders: ???

That's fine, except that you have 3 citizens.

Welcome! :)

And in the Land of ???, it came to pass that a tribe named the Kyrstans arose...
...And their leader was named Erik, and he painted stripes of red across his face, signifying that he was chosen as a messenger of the Gods...
...And Erik arose, telling the people to gather food, and he did commission three hunting parties, to go North, West and East. Erik himself did go South, but none of the people watched this, for that was a realm apart...
OOC: Which means I'm starting at the bottom of the map.

PRE-UPDATE

PS. I will try to do updates every two days. Erik, I haven't thought of a specific place where this is, so I don't have a name for the land. I'll let you make it up. :)

This is not an update! It is just the map showing where you'll be starting and what the buildings look like. H = House, C = Capitol. You may send orders now. I'm open for new players still.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 120
81 views. 2 players. 1 order. :(

I'd guess it's because the map looks so incredibly hand-drawn.

I quit. I want to focus more on my other 3 NESes. Sorry. :(

How about one of Plexus' maps? Like this one. :)

Top Bottom