Landmark Happiness

Gidoza

Emperor
Before I make a report on GitHub I wanted to check in with others in case I'm missing something important.

The Landmark is supposed to give 3 Happiness to the digger and 3 Happiness to the civ that has it in their borders.

So...when I've been low on happiness, I've gone on a happiness roll. The thing is: in the happiness bar, I can see the happiness recorded in the list, but the % happiness value does not appear to change. It's like the happiness is recorded, but isn't actually being applied. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Does it stay like this the next turn? It could just be an issue of the whole UI not updating right away.

I haven't watched the %, but the Happy face figure certainly increases (though not right away) when I build a Landmark.

From my understanding, the 3 happiness you receive is empire wide. Cities can not produce more happiness than they have citizens. Thus, if you already have sufficient happiness from other sources (buildings, policies, etc), adding to your pool of empire wide happiness will not increase your happiness or approval percent.

From my understanding, the 3 happiness you receive is empire wide. Cities can not produce more happiness than they have citizens. Thus, if you already have sufficient happiness from other sources (buildings, policies, etc), adding to your pool of empire wide happiness will not increase your happiness or approval percent.

That could be why. I'll have to check in about that the next time I have Landmarks - this makes them royally suck if they aren't doing anything for Happiness. (in a previous game, I had about 12 of them and I swear I gained no happiness % bonus whatsoever, despite being around 40%)

That could be why. I'll have to check in about that the next time I have Landmarks - this makes them royally suck if they aren't doing anything for Happiness. (in a previous game, I had about 12 of them and I swear I gained no happiness % bonus whatsoever, despite being around 40%)

Sounds like in that situation your best option is to simply let your cities grow. The new pops will produce more yields for meeting needs, will unlock access to some of that excess happiness, and provide a small reduction to needs. In that situation, happiness can only go up with growth.

To further clarify @SilentReply 's explanation: All empire-wide happiness sources are redistributed to cities. They don't do anything sitting in the "empire stockpile". If there's more positive happiness in a city than population, the empire-wide happiness will be distributed but won't have any effect, because cities cannot produce more happiness than their population.

In case I'm wrong, check this:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/guide-new-guide-to-happiness.650550/

Top Bottom