Landmark Naming Thread

Swissempire

Poet Jester
I can find no offical law pertaing to landmarks, yet naming the fatures of our world is a very important thing. So again with the power vested in me by absolutly no one, i open this here thread for the discusstion of and proposal of LANDMARK NAMES:

Our first contestants are a varied group, each with there own qualities and possible resources. They are (noms in blue

The River passing through our borders
Elin River
Nile River
The River Sumra
The Great Froth
The Stream

The lake next to us
Lake Wallow
Hilltop Lake
Lake Nu
Lake Zergon
Lake Sumra
Keggar's Lake
Bird Lake

The Large forest above us
Grossgrunwald Forest
Cypress Forest
Many Treed Forest
Really Big Tree Forest
The Pinewoods
Hip-ca Forest

THe sea to our left
Western Sea
Kacked Sea
Sea of Chip

The sea to our right
Sun Eater Sea
Sea of Nod
Eastern Sea
Sea of Idium
Sea of Secea

THe bay to our south
Bay of Agypten
BAy of *nation name*
Boaring Bay
Shaheeba Bay

The large desert to our left, which i feel should be combined with the desert to the SWest seeing as they are only seperated by 1 plot of savvana and that could be called a passage(which can also be named)The Desert

Wailing Desert
The Kilagrio
and

PassageThe passage of Rama
The Rifva Passage

The Entire Homeland Penisula
Geb
Egyptian
Araga
*nation Name*
Perosofo
*-

Thats all for now, in your favorite Landmark NAming Thread!

Start the naming!!!

*- All preced by The, and followed by Peninsula

For the Lake I nominate, Lake Wallow!

As we know now, our civilization has started on a large peninsula, which we should be able to claim all for ourselves. I suggest naming it the Egyptian Peninsula, and the bay to its south the Egyptian Bay (which may be changed once we found a city there, persumably E of the Incense).

GeorgeOP said:
I want to nominate
The River Elin
Hilltop Lake
Grossgrunwald Forest
Bay of Agypten (south of BW)
Sun Eater Sea (west of BW)

Großgrünwald ("large green forest")? Ägypten? Why do you use German names for Egyptian geography?

I just like the language, especially for naming things. To me it just sounds noble and refined. Boaring Wallow isn't that Egyptian of a name, and we're going to change the name of our leader, so what says everything has to be Egyptian?

If I remember corectly, our civilization was "Random". That, and I don't know any Egyptian :p

We will be voting on our nation name soon, so i nominate the Bay of *name*

My Nominations and reasons

Nu was the bubbling water that covered the earth during creation. It is obvious that the lake is the only portion of Nu left. Therefor

I nominate "Lake Nu"

Geb is the god of Earth and husband of Nut the sky-goddess. From his body comes all plants. Our Sacred Peninsula is his sacred Bed and therefor

I nominate "The Peninsula of Geb" the holy land, and by right, the land of all Egyptians.

I dunno, the river seems like a dummy decision to me, I'd go for the Nile, but I suspect people will want something more creative like my above posts. But I'll put forth my nomination anyway.

The "Nile River"

The people of the First Church of State call the lake Lake Zergon, and it is this that it will be called by our people till the end of the earth. Which might be sooner then you think.

I nominated basic names for the two sea's :)

I like the sea of Nod, and I will add Nod to the God of The first Church of state.

I would like the sea to our left to be called the sea of Chip. BEcause it is Chip who gives us the sun

:D updated listings!

Since we are going all religious here I nominate the Following:

For the Desert: The Kilagrio, because Kilagrio is the God of Sands, born from the union of Secea, Goddess of the Ocean, and Chime, God of Time

For the Right Ocean: The Secea Sea, see above

For the Passage: The Rifva Passage, because Rifva is the area of waiting when it is determined whether you are Re-incarnated or allowed to acend to the land of Perfect Paradise, Perosofo.

Which would be a great name for the penisula: Perosofo

And the Forest, the Forest of Hip-ca

In around two days, i will be putting this to polling, so any last minute nominations should be posted. Also if you have any ideas for the name of our second city, please post them here also!

Top Bottom