1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Landmarks

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by tothePAIN, May 2, 2019.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I don't think we are there yet, this new system is still pretty raw in terms of numbers tweaks. I agree the expansion modifier can probably be adjusted. It also comes down to what we consider acceptable play. If I have a wide empire that has a 60% Global Happiness but every city has more unhappiness than happiness (so it has no Growth and Unit production) is that ok? Does that preserve the balance we are looking for while still making that style fun to play?

2. tothePAIN

tothePAIN Chieftain

When we moved to the new system, with the growth and military production penalties, I played a game as a (obviously wide) warmonger Sweden. Given the happiness penalties, my cities basically stopped growing. That wasn't really fun. The empire modifiers right now are too high.

To BiteintheMark - I disagree that the happiness system should prevent going wide in the late game. At that point, I don't want to worry about happiness constantly. I have enough consequential decisions to make.

3. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

I didnt said the happiness system should prevent going wide in the late game, but it should be getting harder also happiness wise with a higher difficulty.
    Best of all, the modifiers should be adjusted so that the unhappiness hits the happiness level you have, before you get landmarks. And remove the happiness bonus from landmarks. Maybe a bit lower to make it easier but instead increase the WW a bit to let warmongers still feel the pressure to make peace.