Landscape altering - idea

Purpureus

Chieftain
As this is my first post here on this very nice forum I would like to start off by saying "Hello!" to everyone.
I enjoy this series and I am looking forward to the launch of C5.

Now to tend to the matter.

In one of the previous Civ games (sorry I do not remember which one) there was an ability of the Worker unit to plant forests.
I think this kind of ability would be fun if introduced. Planting forests or even some resource types (with a pretty good balance of succes-to-failure ratio depending on terrain and worker unit experience) - i mean especially those "plantation" resources.
I do not see why there can be no civilian units experience system, with upgrades based on accumulated exp. points. This could result either in faster civilian buildings, reduced costs, or abilities in specialized fields (master planter, master constructor, master road builder, etc.).

This would add a little to the game experience, making it more appealing to those of us who enjoy building and improving more than just conquest and fighting.

Nobody is interested in this?
I mean I would love to be able to create forests at the limits of my empire, in the early middle ages man tended forests combined with carefully placed fortifications (be they earth and wood as they were) were a common defensive tactic in Central and Eastern Europe...
And even plant forests on soil for economic reasons is nice...

Greetings Pupureus. Unfortunately this forum is kind of the ugly little brother to the civ5 general discussion forum, which encompasses ideas and suggestions as well.

I'd recommend writing a post there!

I am actually very interested. I would interested in resources especially. The forest planting would be good but of course it would be good imo to depend on technological advancement for everything. How about ancient forms of terraforming like terraces?

Splitting up workers into more specialized units sound interesting as well. I was looking into the idea once before. Basically removing the worker actions that should not be available to a particular unit. How would you have them gain XP though? Just from successfully completing an action?

Top Bottom