[NFP] Landstead / land fishery

ferenginar

Grand Nagus
I have just played through an Emperor level game as Eleanor (French), which I won a cultural victory after flipping all of Menelik's cities, and most of Suleiman's, and most of Trajan's. I decided to play on until I had flipped the entire continent. I was working around the coastline building Seasteads and wind farms, when I noticed that I was able to build a seastead on land, and also in Liang's city I could build Fisheries on Land.

I think that this was land that was flooded by global warming, whilst Trajan owned it, then recovered by me having completed many carbon recapture projects, but I do not believe that this was the intended consequence. Image and save file attached.

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE (FRANCE) 424 2003 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
I think that this was land that was flooded by global warming, whilst Trajan owned it, then recovered by me having completed many carbon recapture projects, but I do not believe that this was the intended consequence.
The Carbon Recapture project does not reverse flooded tiles. Once a tile is flooded it can only be saved by constructing a Flood Barrier before the next sea level rise, or it becomes permanently submerged.

It looks to me simply to be a graphical issue. Looking at your second image the tile popup correctly lists it as a coastal tile that was created by a submerged land tile.

I also loaded the save game from your first image and it's rendering correctly as a submerged land tile (i.e. coast).

Hi Laurana,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this; I didn't think that carbon recapture recovered tiles, but couldn't think of any other explanations to why the tiles ceased to be submerged when the city flipped to me. I had not considered that it might be a graphical issue as the image was perfectly clear. I keep looking between the two images, in amazement, that they could be so different.

It may be a consequence of me running DX11, and not DX12, which I do as the game kept crashing on DX12; I switched it down and haven't had the crashing problems since.

One more turn
Ferenginar

Top Bottom