Largest Earth possible.

Apprentice 2 SA

Chieftain
What is the largest Earth possible? By Earth I mean for the map to look like a map of our world.

I tried customising a new map in the Civ 2 map editor to 80 x 125, which is an example of the largest dimensions possible, I believe.

I then tried loading the Real World map from the downloads here. That shows a world size of 91 x 120. That makes 10,920, despite the instructions saying x x y must be no more than 10,000. So I'm confused there already.

Is the real world map the largest possible Earth? How is it bigger that 10,000?

what version do you have? Classic, FW or MGE?

The Civ2 map editor that shipped with the classic version does not allow creation of maps over 10K tiles. But there are several maps on this site larger than that. Whether those were created by later versions of the Civ2 map editor or some other utility I do not know. The good thing is that the classic map editor can open and modify those larger maps. I love playing on earth and have gotten off this site several extra large earth maps. The larger ones are in excess of 30K tiles. For an example, check out the map we used in GOTM 184 which is 144x227: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/gotm-184.603698/

The Civ2 map editor that shipped with the classic version does not allow creation of maps over 10K tiles. But there are several maps on this site larger than that. Whether those were created by later versions of the Civ2 map editor or some other utility I do not know. The good thing is that the classic map editor can open and modify those larger maps. I love playing on earth and have gotten off this site several extra large earth maps. The larger ones are in excess of 30K tiles. For an example, check out the map we used in GOTM 184 which is 144x227: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/gotm-184.603698/
Thanks for that. I've started with the Real World map from here mentioned earlier. After that I'll have a look for a bigger one as you suggest. Cheers.

Top Bottom