1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Last question for a while - I kinda promise! Where's the scoring formula?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by jpinard, Aug 17, 2007.

1. jpinard

jpinard Martian

Is there a way to alter the scoring formula? When you increase the time it takes to win a game (massive map and slower tech advancement than even Marathon has) the game penalizes you for not winning sooner. I'm OK with that... I just don't like being ranked on par with Dan Quayle at the end of each game. It's like saying,
    So I would like to alter the forumla a tiny bit so "time" isn't as critical. I have no idea which python or xml file to look in... or even if it's accessible in one of them. Can someone help me out?

2. Gunner

Gunner Emperor

I believe its in the GlobalDefines xml file.

3. jpinard

jpinard Martian

Close, but not quite. That has set point values for certain victory conditions, but nothing involving the time/turns or # of cities formula.

4. snarko

snarko DLLer

See CvGameUtil.py function calculateScore. It's not what you want but it should tell you where to find what you want.