Last stand of the humans

druidravi

King
THE GODS ARE ANGRY :eek:

The deities created the human civilization. The humans grew arrogant after sometime and stopped worshiping the gods. The deities got angry and decided to finish the human race once and for all .
6 deities descend on earth for the eradication. 6 wisemen among the world help the tribes of the world present a single front. They propheysised that the only ways to go forward are

Only ways of survival are
1. eliminate the gods armies and earn their respect
2. Build 3 great cultural monuments to the god to help appease their anger.
3. Build secretly a spaceship and escape from this planet in their control.
4. Maintain a superior position throughout the ages and make the gods give up their effort.

AW
DEITY LEVEL
CONTINENTS
TEMPERATE
LOW SEA LEVEL
STANDARD SIZE
6 OPPONENTS
NO TECH TRADING
RAGING BARBARIANS
AGRESSIVE AI
NO GOODY HUTS

VARIANT RULES
1. We are the HUMAN civilization we have all TRAITS , ULTIMATE UNITS , ULTIMATE BUILDINGS and all STARTING TECHS.
2. We have 6 wise men to guide us a GREAT ENGINEER,GREAT PROPHET,GREAT MERCHANT,GREAT ARTIST, GREAT SCIENTIST , GREAT GENERAL
3. Preferred victory conditions are CULTURAL, CONQUEST , SPACE
4. DIPLOMATIC , DOMINATION victories are disabled

To play this download the human.zip file I attached in this post. You will have to use the mod I attached in this post. First create a folder named human in your warlords\ mods folder then unzip the files into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\Humans\Assets\XML\Civilizations folder. Launch this mod and you can play the save.

This will be a tough game inspite of the bonuses and there will be a lot of micro involved. You should be able to be comfortable in emporer level . Also some experience in AW games is a plus .

We will have a 6 player roster,I'll play 15 turns and from then onwards 10 turns per player throughout the game. We need a lot of discussion to win this game.

NOTE THIS IS THE SECOND VERSION OF THE SAVE AND MOD. The first version of the mod I forgot to add financial trait. Also expanistic now gives +3 health as it was not giving bonus production for fast worker . The save is also changed and this time no searching for stone etc. Just made sure we are not isolated on a small continent.

Edit: I attached a new save which has a better start

Attachments

• humans.zip
    39 KB · Views: 252
  • Civ4ScreenShot0043.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0043.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 536
  • good start.CivWarlordsSave
    75.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 358
Grey fox you can join. If I follow my own rules I might eliminate myself;) . I'm hoping for some of the AW experts to help manage this game. I can win on emporer. Only immortal game i played was in a snaaty space race game. I was winning in that game but didn't complete it due to RL issues.

And yaa time victory is on.

Grey fox what do you think of hwachhas with citadel while being charismatic . Citadel is half-price too as we are protective and charismatic war elephants with the ger :drool: . Btw we need to complete our roster before any planning. Come on , do we want to beeline to aggresive preatorians or use immortals or do we adjust with protective skirmishers, or maybe a quechha rush. Do we beeline to hwachhas or choku-no-kus. How do we use our starting Gp's. join engineer or get a 1turn pyramid. Down to should we settle in place and where do we move our scout first.
This is going to be a startegic nightmare with almost infinite ways of aproach. But also lots of fun.

Damn right abt this being a strategic nightmare ... initial thought was this is going to be easier with all the traits available ... but geez, the amount of choices!

But there in lies the fun ... I predict this would be an entirely different game from Hideout. Hideout we basically has only one direction, one strategy. Turns are fast ...

This one I expect we would argue abt all the options available for days and nights before a turn is played.

But one thing I know for certain is to settle right in place ;) There is no other choice, really.

Another easy choice is engineer. Definitely use it to rush a wonder. Question is GWall or Pyramids. Either would virtually ensure we get yet another engineer with philosophical trait. I would think Pyramids is better, having representation so early would means we need not worry abt happiness. It would also mean joining some other great persons, like Great Artists to add 3 more beakers from the start. ALthough GWall would mean we needn't worry abt Raging Barb ... without GWall, they are going to affect us much harder than the dieties.

Silently slips in CE vs SE debate to add to the confusion being financial and philosophial both and quietly slips away.....:crazyeye:

Druid - looks like you worked out the required XML changes. Well done. I am interested but cannot start this until Tuesday. I can offer some comments every now and then.

Edit1:
To play this game you would need to keep 2 files in your custom assets folder, CIV4CivilizationInfos and CIV4LeaderHeadInfos. I attached these files as a zip file in this post. Keep them in \My Documents\My Games\Warlords\CustomAssets\xml\gameinfo directory . After you play your turn log you can copy these files into some other location and play your other games normally.
I would suggest that you don't use customassets for this. Create a folder (say SuperHuman) under the prog files\...\mods\ directory, start the game and select advanced / mods / (or something similar) to load your mod and then create a game as per normal. This will ensure that everyone who plays this game MUST play with your mod (the save will not open otherwise).

Edit2: I would rush pyramids with the engineer, keep Priest for Shine, keep artist for culture bomb, merge the other Great People.

I humbly disagree with keeping the GArtist for culture bomb: (a) being creative, culture pressure early game is non-existent, (b) early game, captured city would not have that much of a culture to use the GArtist effectively, and (c) we would have many opportunity (too much, in fact) for popping a GArtist for mid-to-late game culture bomb.

GArtist is most certainly, IMHO, to be settled or tech lightbulbing.

I have my doubts on shrine also. Although we could certainly use a religion, it might be better to capture a holy city than to found it on our own with deities around. Plus shrine income isn't that spectacular in an early AW-game ... say you have 6 cities, the most the shrine would give you is 6gpt. Hardly worth comparing it to settling the GProphet for the added hammer, the gold, and the beakers (assuming representation).

Re: SE vs CE, being all-rounders, we would likely be running a hybrid.

The thing I am uncertain is what to do with the GMerchant, GScientist, and GGeneral. Tech lightbulbing might be useful in giving us the early boost, but it is a waste as early tech are cheap and with no one to tech trade, the appeal and effectiveness of tech lightbulbing is virtually halved. I would say either settling the GScientist or as Snaaty suggests, an academy (assuming we rush pyramids, settling would yield much more beakers initially compared to academy, but academy gets pretty handy soon, and it might be difficult to generate a scientist later).

--

Lurker
My suggestions are:
GS...Academy
GP...settled
GE...Pyramids
GA...settled
GM...settled....food plus gold...yummy
GG...setted...Lvl 2 units after barracks

The question for today ... GS - settle or academy?

In the short term, settle is a killer move ... 9 beakers under representative basically doubles your science output right out the gate. In the long term, having a academy is obviously the better move. But wait, it isn't as simple as that ...

GA, GM, GG settled gives you 9 beakers (is that right for the GG?) under represention. A settled scientist gives you 9 too. Coupled with your capital commerce of 9 or 10 means you have a total of 27 or 28.

If we go the academy route ... 9 + 9 or 10 gives 19 or 20 * 50% gives you 28 or 30.

Well, it is line ball from turn 1 and any additional population gives more commerce, so the academy wins!

Change my GS from settle to academy (assuming my calcs are right).

Your calculation is correct ... but GS gives one hammer too, IIRC. That's why I say settling the GS is better initially (like for 10 turns until you grow :crazyeye:). After growing to 2, coupled with being Finiancial, chances are the beakers benefit would outweigh the 1 measly hammer.

Re: cable's point of lvl2 units after barracks, I like to reinforce that being aggressive, barracks is half cost, and being agg/protective, that means those lvl2 units will also have Combat or Drill I. :D

I thought about this and came with a basic draft plan .

Join all the Gp except for scientist who builds and acedemy. Acedemy because we might be generating prophets for sometime so scientist might be difficult to generate later. I dislike joining engineer when we can have 1 turn pyramids. But reason is he gives +3:hammers: and +3:science: without representation. Along with the acedemy we have a very good chance of finding hinduism . Later Masonary is a must for great wall being deity+raging barbaians. So we can just reserch monotheism as well giving us a double shrine city in future. Priest is also joined, we need the hammers for the great wall production. Later generating 2 prophets is ridiculously easy. Obselik allows 2 priest speciaists , Madrassa allows 2 more , not to count temples for relegions.
Next with our high research we can try to self-research research metal casting and then use oracle for machinery. result cho-kus. The ultimate unit for AW war mongering. There is stone in a second city site enabling us to build pyramids being industrious as well. I regenerated our start position some 30 times without stone then finally in exasperartion went into world builder and started regenerating starts there. Finally this start had a second city site with stone. So we construct our second city for stone and maybe one more city. Then with a mix of preatorians+ cho-ku's takeover our continent.
Ai should have found another relegion for us hopefully on our continent. If not we can always generate another prophet to lightbulb theology being philosophical. So after the dust clears we should be in control of our continet with 3 relegions and having those good traits for cultural, Financial, philosphical, spiritual,creative,industrious . We can research till we get rail roads ,cossacks , redcoas,cannons. Then stop research and turn up the culture slider .

Or after our continent is moped up, we can build several city raider 3 beserkers, and upgrade them large scale to redcoats/infantry and pursue conquest on the other continent with that free amphibious promotion.

Edit : Our Plan for capital. we have a river, so we can cottage everything and run for buearcaracy bonus. We will have 2shrines as well. So Oxford/wall street city?. Our joined prophet,engineer will give good production for it to build basic buildings inspite of being cottage heavy. And it could act in the beginning as our primary troop producer with our +2 exp Instructor till we build heroic elsewhere. Later it can be our secondary military city. Also observe that artist gives +3:gold: and the prophet +5 :gold: . Combined later with shrine income we will have a perfect wall street city.

Re: cable's point of lvl2 units after barracks, I like to reinforce that being aggressive, barracks is half cost, and being agg/protective, that means those lvl2 units will also have Combat or Drill I. :D

Grey fox what barracks are you referring to , I can't see any barracks in our production list. perhaps you rfer to thr IKHANDA :scan::goodjob:

Top Bottom