1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Last turn causes crash

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by Pzul Laturro, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Pzul Laturro

Pzul Laturro Chieftain

Just upgraded (Nov 22, 2019) to Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm expansion packs for Nintendo Switch
    When reaching a winning turn, I had accumulated enough Culture to be the winner, the game closes because of a software problem, I started up again, (game resumes 2-3 turns before the winning turn) and this continued 3-4 times with the same result before I retired in frustration. Then I was playing Rise and Fall, got to turn 330 (at the quick speed) same thing - game closes because of a software problem.

2. Linklite

Linklite Chieftain

Just been having a similar problem when I'm about to win Domination. Really hoping that it'll work in the morning.

3. fantsu

fantsu Prince

Any ideas what could cause this? Any particular building, tech or civic coming online? Victory celebration video perhaps?
    I could try to make it happen too.

4. Linklite

Linklite Chieftain

It's only the one game that I've tried finishing, but regardless of which turn I finish, what I do, the error comes as soon as I give the final instruction to capture the final city.

I'd say it has something to do with ending the game, but I don't think it's the video because it crashes before the unit fulfils the instruction. Something about the coding that triggers the endgame sequence is my guess. I'm no expert though, so I could be wrong.

5. Snahh91

Snahh91 Chieftain

I have the same issue. Put a lot of hours in the game, only to find out that a bug prevents me from the victory!!
    Has anyone found a solution yet?

6. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I also just realized I cannot finish my first post-expansion game, which was a huge map on a higher difficulty so I want to get my HoF entry...

Edit: I tried another game, quickly tried to win by domination on difficulty 1 on a duel size map. This time it worked fine. So it is possible to get to the victory screen... maybe larger maps are the issue?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  7. Linklite

Linklite Chieftain

So a possible workaround for the bug:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...te_appears_to_have_broken_the_game_completely

Declare war on the offending nation on as the very last act before ending the turn upon which you win. But difficult if you're going for a Culture Victory, but at least Domination is doable, I guess.

How this got past QA I don't know, it would have been obvious since it seems to occur in every game according to this article.

8. fantsu

fantsu Prince

I have finished two games already and I havent had problems. Its not 100%.