Late Game Automated Workers

Edward The Big

Bob Crane's Tripod
I always Automate my workers.....I completely forget about them....While playing a game recently I noticed that late game, all of my workers were in my Capital City....Is this normal?

It's probably because you have selected in the options menu that your workers should leave old improvements, and every square in your territory is already improved.

When I automate my workers to improve trade and after they have completed roads everwhere and plantations etc. They will sit in one of my cities waiting for a new improvement to work. After researching railroads they will automatically start building railroads and then find another city to sit in and wait for something new to come along. Great function!

maybe I'll try the automated workers, but I'd rather micro them... I'd hate for them to build what I don't want/need when I have a specific goal for a city.

ducker said:
maybe I'll try the automated workers, but I'd rather micro them... I'd hate for them to build what I don't want/need when I have a specific goal for a city.

This is true early game, but by the time you have 20 workers and all your cities have each needed improvement it just seems a waste of time.

Always turn on "Leave Improvements" and "Don't chop Forests" though or you get screwed.

ducker said:

Nothing is more irritating than a worker building a windmill on one of your mines. Thats why I will only use the trade automation. The workers will only build roads, plantations etc. With the "auto trade" function, they wont change anything that you have done unless a new resource appears. If you get uranium on a tile that has a farm on it, they will replace the farm with a mine as soon as you research the technology that will allow you to use the uranium.

Stewie said:
Nothing is more irritating than a worker building a windmill on one of your mines. Thats why I will only use the trade automation. The workers will only build roads, plantations etc. With the "auto trade" function, they wont change anything that you have done unless a new resource appears. If you get uranium on a tile that has a farm on it, they will replace the farm with a mine as soon as you research the technology that will allow you to use the uranium.

I agree. I usually micromanage my workers up until renaissance or so when most tiles have been worked and then activate trade automation. In the beginning I automated them but of course there was no way for the workers to know which cities were GP-Farms/production centers etc. and they kept doing things I didn`t want them to do :mad:

Top Bottom