Late game war, stability and combat fatigue

SebastianP

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

another question by the RFC: Europe newbie. I hope you can bear with me and my questions :)

After abandoning my Venice game I started one with Muscowy. It is early 1700 and after I just accomplished my second UHV, the Ottoman Empire declared war on me. How useful! I need to conquer Constantinople as my third UHV, so this is perfect timing!

Well, except they are giving me a hard time. A really hard time! I'm not an experienced RFC player so I may do something wrong here. Battles are fought on the Bulgarian Black Sea area. The Turks keep sending "stacks and stacks of doom" towards me, which I dutifully destroy by using cannons to wear them down and then Cuirassiers to kill them off. I tend to kill between 10-20 of their units each turn with maybe losing 5 on my side. Still, I'm unable to make any gains for they just keep replacing their losses with new units.

So here's my question - from my understanding, an empire taking such heavy losses in RFC is due to take serious stability penalities. However, they are still listed as "stable" for many turns. They have a combat fatigue of 718. Does (and how) does that combat fatigue influence things?

I usually come to peace terms with nations that have 100 or so. 718 seems sky high yet there's no unhappiness in even one of their cities and they refuse my peace offers.

I'm playing on Viceroy difficulty if that matters.

Any advice / help for me?

EDIT: Played a bit further. Turkish Combat fatigue is now 1000+. I think the AI is cheating. I can't see how they could create stacks like that on each turn. Opened World Builder to look what their other cities are building and half of them do buildings. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

Last edited:
No one knowing how this combat fatigue variable works?
I understand from reading in the other threads that the Ottoman Empire is seriously overpowered in the late game (and heck, yes, they are!), so this might be a Turkey issue only.

Top Bottom