Lategame War Rebalance (v3) (requires ENW and Logistic Skirmishers)

Bug Report: Wolfpack is not working against embarked units

Spoiler :

upload_2021-3-5_13-5-34.png

Guess it's time to give them a city attack penalty on every Wolfpack promotion and the base submarine promotion, and then reverting them to a pure attack bonus.

Guess it's time to give them a city attack penalty on every Wolfpack promotion and the base submarine promotion, and then reverting them to a pure attack bonus.
IMO it doesn't address the real "issue" you are trying to fight: Subs will still be able to hit cities. Even inefficiently, human players will did it to gain XP even longer! ( I will :cool:)

What you need is: Column name="NoCityAttack" type="boolean"

IMO it doesn't address the real "issue" you are trying to fight: Subs will still be able to hit cities. Even inefficiently, human players will did it to gain XP even longer! ( I will :cool:)

What you need is: Column name="NoCityAttack" type="boolean"
It's intended though. I do want subs to keep gaining XP during city sieges, or they'll have nothing to do. AIs actually attack cities with subs anyway (and exclusively when the promotions worked against cities).

Change log for v2 (2021-03-07):
  • Dreadnought from 70/58 to 60/58
  • Ship costs rebalanced (see OP for details)
  • Submarine default promotion and Wolfpack now reverted to pure attack bonus and get a penalty against cities to counter it
  • Misc fixes
Compatible with VP 3-2 version, Logistic Skirmishers (v2 recommended) and ENW v2.0.02.

Change log for v3 (2021-09-13):
  • Anti-submarine promotions are now 33/33 and 66/66 (attack/defense bonus). Submarines are too strong otherwise.
  • Altitude Training loses the double hills movement.
  • Ship of the Line gets free Splash I & II instead of Indomitable.
  • Added 4UC and some other modded civs compatibility.
  • Minor text fixes.
Compatible with VP 1.0 version, Logistic Skirmishers (v3) and ENW v2.1.

Not out yet, still need some fix.

Last edited:
v3 is out now! Please look out for any text error, as the new text changes don't seem to work on my side.

Plays great with 4UC. My issues with base VP and ENW was that ranged ships that cost a strategic resource was much weaker than just spamming blitz promoted Melee ships and this mod alleviates the pain points with naval combat in general.

Splash on Ship of the line is not very good. Maybe its just my particular game, but the AI just did not place 2 units next to each other. Indomitable is not too bad as from that point I can ignore the boarded effect and with the increased CS by default, I can stop making melee ships altogether. Plus with the changes to the promotion line, it was a real grind to get logistics on them. Its weird that the mod uses logistics skimishers but went out of the way to make logistics harder for ships

Playing on a huge map with 7 cities of my own, I was able to field about 13 cruisers and felt limited by the lack of iron. Is this intended or is it more balanced towards having more resources?

Fixed the new changes. Now it should work perfectly! (Updated mod in OP)

Its weird that the mod uses logistics skimishers but went out of the way to make logistics harder for ships
Logistics has always been a t5 promotion for ranged ships.

Playing on a huge map with 7 cities of my own, I was able to field about 13 cruisers and felt limited by the lack of iron. Is this intended or is it more balanced towards having more resources?
I don't know. 13 cruisers is a lot already if you're content with 7 cities.

Its weird that the mod uses logistics skimishers but went out of the way to make logistics harder for ships
My bad. I meant ship of the line. With indomitable, it could get logistics as its first promotion.

I don't know. 13 cruisers is a lot already if you're content with 7 cities.
It definitely is for defensive play, but does not feel enough to invade civs 25 tiles away. Of course, there are things I could have done to mitigate that, setting up some midgame cities as staging grounds as a 'just in case' option, and promoting 5/13 ships with bombardment instead of going all in on targeting.

My bad. I meant ship of the line. With indomitable, it could get logistics as its first promotion.
Back when we moved Logistics to T5 we also removed the promotion from Ship of the Line, as it was stupidly OP. The first solution (Breacher I think?) didn't work since it only worked on melee, so G changed it to Indomitable, ignoring the fact that it leads to Logistics. The only other existing promotion that could work on a ranged ship (and not leading to anything else) is Splash.

Top Bottom