1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Later Scenarios

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by GarretSidzaka, Jul 9, 2007.

1. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

Dale, you mentioned to me that you had some idea's about some community scenario's?? ;)

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Well I've already said I'm working on a global scale scenario, so I'll release a list of "wanted artwork" soon. :)

Meanwhile, suggestions for leaderheads for Hitler and Hirohito?

I feel Chuggy's Hiro needs to be the one, but which one for Hitler?

3. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Oh, can you make a swastika flag for me?

4. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

removed old swastika

5. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

lemme see if i can put hitler on my list. im thinking about my modified alexander LH template with alot of additions

6. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Post 1000!!! :D

* Yes I know it's useless, but I don't care. ;)

7. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

hey thats good my brotha once you pass 1000, 2000 just seems to fly by

8. Dale

Dale Chieftain

BTW, your swastika didn't work. Comes up blank (not pink, so I know it loaded the file).

9. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

ok lemme see.......

10. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

try this one :)

Attached Files:

11. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

Dale, I know this is almost a trivial issue, but do you think you could create a 48-star American flag that hangs correctly in the game? Right now we have that one that appears horizontally (as if it were on a flag pole), when all the other flags are hung from the top-down. It's kind of awkward as a result.

I'll show you what I mean. Instead of this:

Spoiler :

Could we have this?

Spoiler :

(The blue always goes in the upper-left corner.) Can you simply reverse the flag .dds?

12. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

i made that flag and i can change it fairly easily. i will get on it soon.

13. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Gaius:

Don't know if you noticed, but all the flags in RtW are horizontal. Not just US.

14. Quantumf8

Quantumf8 Chieftain

This is a pretty good hitler LH in my opinion(http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2138, though you might still strive for better. If you do go the route of making hitler/mussolini LHs, might I suggest using Augustus or Julius for animations if only for the sheer fact they give roman salutes which can be made into authentic fascisti/nazi salutes.

If you're still going to make your own leaderheads, here are some good images for studying the faces. NOTE: The following are pictures of Evil men, the first in the words of of the second Was a Pederast =P

Hitler from shoulders up, later regime and in military dress, a more artistic representation of hitler,lacking the stern images of masculinity common in Fascist art and most nazi depictions of hitler.

The aforementioned style of art, a portrait of Hitler taken during the Reich, pay attention to the facial details,the droops under the eyes, as well as the style of the moustache, it's bushier and longer than most depictions.

Hitler in his full fury, note that the face seems more distressed than angry, while we know this is his angry face, it's still interesting to see a lack of a furrowed brow. To help you, note the jaw and how it is around the mouth, take a look at the brow and the contortion of the face.

A calmer, but still stern photograph of hitler, Grrr, he's a mean Nazi with a severe power complex, so he's going to be a moody emo!.. take a look at the picture, it's riddled with angst, I kid you not. It screams, to me at least, Nobody loves me =P

Il Duce himself, military portrait, the square jawline and the raised posistion of the face are key features. The look in his eyes almost seems to Disenfranchise one from the man himself, helping to create a stern, authoritarian feel.

Photograph inthe same style as the above, different clothing, here he iswearing his infamous hat, the Hat 'O Brutality as it were, I guess it's a manly fur cap.

Without his very manly Hat 'O Brutality. He's either pushing for the authoritarian look or grumpy because his hat isn't with him. Do note that he never appears a happy fellow, so he might not smile in his LH, note how he's always trying to be stern. I'd say apply thisstern, miffed look in a form of varying emotions, Disgust(Studying) Anger (anger) Narrowing eyes and turning head away while looking at player (deciding) and.. well... more stern stuff.

Mussolini the statesman, note the balding head and the slight double chin, do note how he also looksaway from the camera to create a feeling of pride or power around the portrait.

A rare image of mussolini notlooking stern or like he's about to punish you, as a statesman in a crowd. The quality is poorer and I apologize, but try and make out his face and expression, you may not even recognize him as he's behaving like a normal human and not an overpowered father figure. This might be a good image for thise times when you don't want an angry mussolini.

15. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

@quantum
    LOL i did that with mussolini already, and im working on augustus with hitler. but there is a problem with the export out of blender

16. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

I got a suggestion, that should be pretty easy:

Postwar Cold War (1946-1960)

Fun enough, easy enough.

17. Quantumf8

Quantumf8 Chieftain

except that they'd have to redo most leaders and unit types, create a new XML etc.

18. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

we plan on eventual expansion scenarios. dale has talked about a spain mod, and i would love to contribute on a cold war mod.

dale what you think

19. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

Not really, in the immediate postwar world, most countries will be using the same weapons, minus the Germans/Japanese. It would be easier than building from scratch, that's for sure.

20. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

and you would have to drop all the early WW2 stuff, and then add the newer tanks.