Latest Patch - getting INSANE gold per turn

HiRezAudio

Prince
So I have been awarded a natural disaster gifting for 30 turns, and on average I seem to be getting at least ten times too much gold per turn - it is running in the thousands per turn.
I am literally buying everything & building a huge army ready to go kill the world.
Deity level as Victoria - game save attached.
This has to be a bug.....

Attachments

• Victoria.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 136
Loading this save, I am seeing +208 gold per turn. Is this the correct save? Thanks!

Loading this save, I am seeing +208 gold per turn. Is this the correct save? Thanks!

There is a thread on the regular forum about this. It seems that if you are in the receiving end of and aid request. Pretty much all the participant AI civs will throw all their gold at you. So you easily can get thousands of gold per turn. Several players noticed this behabiour.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/aid-request-money-seems-op.646970/

New poster here. I wanted to post something on this because I haven't seen any other posts yet. After the June release they tweaked the projects so that production goes directly to gold now on the receiving player of the aid request. I was playing a multiplayer online teams game (comp stomp) 2v2v2v2 Diety AI but what I noted here was nuts.

I received a flood aid request, AI passes it. Then (medieval era) I start getting gold in the THOUSANDS each turn, from the aid request. This seems nuts to me, very OP. I was sitting on so much gold that I ran out of buildings to by in my town centers, then started spam buying settlers, and was able to buy around 8 settlers. This is in the small continents map where I was settling tiny islands without much opportunity for growth and peace with everyone due to surrounding oceans.

Sitting on 10k gold / spending that much gold just seems intense / weird. Not sure if this is an outlier or if anyone else has seen it. Has anyone else noticed the aid requests gold you receive is now obscene / OP? I'm thinking the conversion factor for production to gold is 1:1, but the AI seems to go all-in now with the reworked diplomacy points, so all the AI are cranking these projects and it generates an insane amount of gold. Also this likely seems tied to difficulty level you are playing on but with diety AI has more production so likely has way more to throw at this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom