1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest Release -- 3.17 (Time Capsule)

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by ExpiredReign, Jul 13, 2014.

1. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Just pushed the latest (last?) release for Communitas on the GitHub repo.

I'll also add this link to it on DropBox.

I haven't tested it extensively but I am confident the work mystikx21 has put in to it is well and truly worthwhile.

As always feel free to post comments about possible fixes for bugs or improvements. I will however be only addressing the most critical. If its broken, I'll fix it. If its just a preference thing, then probably not.

If anyone wants help in editing this mod, or trying to get into the whole modding concept with Communitas, I will gladly give any help you like. I really don't want to see this mod die, I'm just not the person to keep it going.:( It is highly likely Thalassicus will return at some point and reinvigorate it, at which point everything will be at peace in the world.:D

2. Puer

Puer Warlord

Thank you! Will test this today ;)

3. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

Thank you for your effort! It's also great to see that you guys are still involved in a new, similar project.

This project IS a jewel, and it deserves to be left in an accesible state for new / less involved players. Glad you did this.

I understand the wiki here is up to date?

Also, are there any known issues? Possible gamebreakers you couldn't fix without Thal? Obviously unfinished areas?

4. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Mystikx has keeping the wiki up to date. I haven't checked it.
    Yeah there is still plenty of things that are not working well, but nothing that should be a game breaker.

5. biship

biship Warlord

Why when I build using Cin.civ5sln I only get these folders in build?
    (and only a couple of files in each)

Communitas Interface
    -> Interface
    -> Flag Promotions
    -> Sorting
    -> Units

All the other files and folders from the source are missing.
    (Bugfixes, Cities, etc etc)

(and the created Communitas Interface (v 3).civ5mod is also missing all the same files & folders)

6. BasilAbdef

BasilAbdef Chieftain

Should we disable/delete the "unit adjustments" file you posted last week that was supposed to go along with 3.16?

7. mystikx21

mystikx21 Deity

You should not need the unit adjustment modification with that version, but I haven't checked what changes expired used or has on hand. I got rid of the arque-gatling gun upgrade path as Thal seemed to be the only one defending it and he wasn't around to continue to do so. It should now be pike-arque-musket and longsword-musket and xbow-gatling gun.

Please feel free to report any bugs and feedback. It worked fine for me, but I haven't had time to test it in a couple weeks or what was updated on here (been modding in the other project). We may be able to make some slight modifications and fix some minor issues that come up from this version. It will still be supported, but other than toning up or down and adjusting balance here and there, it shouldn't be getting new features unless Thal or someone else (with more programming ability and time) wishes to add to it.

There may be some issues with unit promotions still (that was a mess to disentangle and I may have missed things), and some buildings, improvements or policies could be rebalanced slightly. So if anything seems strange, let me/us know and we'll see what adjustment could be involved or why one was made.

If it's still having issues setting up the build, that's a question for Expired. I didn't post it on there. ;)

8. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Warlord

Does this work with CSD and diplo mod combo that whoward69 did?

9. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

All the files in the GitHub repo are there for editing but not necessarily needed for the actual mod.
    This is a portion of the *modinfo file for CIN:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
      <Files>
        <File md5="03E0AEB706DBADBC41C93540F58F2DB1" import="0">Cin_Options.sql</File>
        <File md5="11F221430D2294F440E15FBF87FCA4BB" import="1">Interface/SocialPolicyPopup.lua</File>
        <File md5="92A1C142366B879EB70B0007A86DE0D9" import="1">Interface/Sorting/ChoosePantheonPopup.lua</File>
        <File md5="2C358CF6C255BE647C9E930B690A98EF" import="1">Interface/Sorting/ChooseReligionPopup.lua</File>
        <File md5="1063C8C4A4E8D684FFF2084790D2EE68" import="0">Interface/FlagPromotions/FP_Data.sql</File>
        <File md5="B08F2098098849ED7740B94C28458C0D" import="1">Interface/FlagPromotions/UnitFlagManager.lua</File>
        <File md5="A1DBEB784D69D5FF089EDBF6B5D7F0D3" import="1">Interface/FlagPromotions/UnitFlagManager.xml</File>
        <File md5="B3938974105B6FC18C259BDB459617E4" import="1">Interface/FlagPromotions/UnitFlagManager_addin.lua</File>
        <File md5="1CD7427EB88041156165476A0450435C" import="1">Interface/Units/UnitPanel.lua</File>
        <File md5="08123C94C7F2A76BFF2FEF3FA64BFEA9" import="0">Link_Features.url</File>
        <File md5="4678864D81EFED8B0DB68B4167B54D4B" import="0">Link_QuestionsComments.url</File>
        <File md5="2A606CE972053264BAF41E54E4AB325A" import="0">Link_ReportBug.url</File>
        <File md5="4DF97819192ECB8E629715265770C165" import="0">Link_Translations.url</File>
        <File md5="07DBFC84450DED9108600573009E6852" import="0">Link_Website.url</File>
        <File md5="FAB1B074C3347C0A4B0A49BFB6B94D60" import="0">README.txt</File>
      </Files>

As you can see only the needed files are listed. Feel free to add/remove anything you like and see what changes.

Should be exactly the same setup needs as the previous versions.

10. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Warlord

I notice with EUI he has this posted about 3.15.

Communitas Expansion Pack: EUI DLC 1.6 & CEP 3.15 are compatible. However CEP will override EUI DLC's top panel, tech tree, and city view modules (see EUI DLC feature list for details of lost functionality, one impact is that annexing puppets is only possible by clicking on the city banner's puppet icon, another is possible slowdowns late game because CEP UI files are modified Firaxis files not optimized to cope with EUI DLC's enhanced tooltips)

Is this the same issue with 3.17? If yes is there any work around so I can use EUI top panel over CEP ?

11. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

The problem here is one of the reasons I am now focusing on the Community Balance Patch.

The core system in CEP is based on a huge base of custom lua functions that make the yields available from all systems. Hence the UI of the base game, and hence EUI, looks to find those values based on vanilla functions and not our custom functions.

There is a way to fix this, actually a number of ways.

1) Customise all EUI's lua code to look for the custom functions. (not really a good solution)

2) Re-write the CEP lua to only ADD not OVERWRITE the custom functions. Can be done, but not by me. I'm still a novice when it comes to lua. I can understand things but I am hopeless at designing and then coding NEW code.

3) Switch from using lua to make custom yield functions and use the DLL. (this is where I am now)

12. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Warlord

Does this mean your working on a DLL for this mod?

Anyway thanks for the reply I seem to always run in to issues with the mods I want to use. :(

13. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

No.

The new mod, Community Patch Project, will incorporate a lot of the changes CEP used, but not all.

What this means is, if you liked CEP, you will probably like CPP. As well as the benefits already mentioned above, as it is a DLL mod it will be noticeably quicker and not prone to load issues of lua not initializing on reloads.

Basically, stick with CEP until CPP emerges as a fully tested mod and you can switch.

14. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Warlord

The problem with this is I don't like the direction CPP is going. :( Oh well thanks for all your time and also to others that have got CEP to where it is today. I guess I can go without EUI though it pains me to do so.

15. Crimson13

Crimson13 Prince

I have a question and I apologize if it's been answered already: Is CEP compatible with CPP? If I'm going to be honest the big reason I'm saying so is because I enjoy the Stories that CEP brings up and from what I've gather CPP doesn't do that. Or I might've missed it, that seems like me. Or in the Stories case would it just be best to use the latest version?

16. Tomice

CPP is very young, and features like stories are probably something for later, when the base mod is solid.

17. mystikx21

mystikx21 Deity

What will happen as CPP progresses is that additional features will become modular add-ons that are compatible with the original. Stories are a low priority feature (for me, and from what I have gathered so far Gazebo, though he seems busy with a lot). There's a lot of moving parts that are moving quickly in stages. But I'm not the only one working on it.

Some things that will likely occur if and when stories are imported in as a feature.
    1) Costs will be things other than gold (influence with CS, Golden Age points, faith, culture, food, etc).
    2) Less focus on tile improvements more an immediate bonus.

18. wolverine2112

wolverine2112 Warlord

Yeah to be honest, I can't play civ without cep. Honestly I think its terrible without it. I hope that most of cep is added, not just some :sad:

19. wolverine2112

wolverine2112 Warlord

I mean am I the only one that thinks its boring without it? The ai never does anything...I just keep clicking next turn until the medieval age and I always quit. I hate how SLOW the units move and by the far the worst thing is how easily your units get one shot and die. Am I really the only one that feels this way?!?!?

20. Tomice

CEP is awesome, though the base game is ok by now. It just pales in direct comparison ;-)