1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest version: Download here!

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Age of Discovery II' started by Dale, Dec 26, 2008.

1. craigdh

craigdh Warlord

I don't think the beta 1.10 has all the changes incorporated into it yet though... it's super hard right now in the beta form because the comp expands at a ridiculous pace.

2. AlexandrJJ

AlexandrJJ Chieftain

Verily. I think I'll play some Fall Further in the meantime. I love Colonization, but I want to wait for 1.10 to do it, since the AI's never been particularly good or competitive.

3. craigdh

craigdh Warlord

That is one thing about AoD is that the AI is vastly improved... it was such a joke how bad the other euro colonies were in the vanilla version.

Myself I'm not playing the game either until 1.10, but that's because I'm waiting for the new version of the custom house... The lack of which was another gaping oversight in the Vanilla game.

4. Swaty

Swaty Chieftain

Btw, what is the ETA on the new version anyway - getting hungry for it :)

5. Dale

Dale Deity

In the next week. :)

Sorry for being so long, but have been busy at WePlayCiv. :)

6. ironic_lettuce

ironic_lettuce Warlord

What a mod!!! Looks absolutely brilliant! Fantastic work Dale, can't wait to go a pirate!! :D

If I download the 1.09, then you release 1.10, do I have to start a new game for the changes to take place?

Oh and the intro movie you made is incredible!! Amazing stuff :king::king::king:

7. ironic_lettuce

ironic_lettuce Warlord

Hi Dale, I donwloaded the mod and loaded it up, but it always crashes back to the desktop and the error report always mentions d9d3.dll. Would you have any idea how to stop this happening? As far as I'm aware, I have the most recent update of Directx9c, so I'm not sure what's happening :(

I also have RealTek Audio HD and that has caused problems with other games before - do you know of any such conflicts with AoD?

I'm desparate to play it now after my few turns! I love the new ways to win :D

8. Dale

Dale Deity

Did you install the Firaxis official patch? That's required to play AoD2. :)

9. ironic_lettuce

ironic_lettuce Warlord

I did :(

At first I hadn't, and when it tried to load the map the game crashed, so I installed that patch then your mod and now the map loads ok, but keeps crashing a few turns in :(:(

It looks like such a brilliant mod as well! :cry::cry:

10. Dale

Dale Deity

Hmmm...... all I can think of is ensure you have the latest DirectX from Microsoft and make sure you have your graphic cards latest drivers installed. Usually after a DirectX upgrade is released, card manufacturers have to update their drivers.

11. kaibayashi

kaibayashi Warlord

Try googling the missing .dll and copy it to your system32 directory. U may find you have to do this a few times. I have had a problem with missing .dll several times and this has worked for me.

12. Dale

Dale Deity

Version 1.10 released!

See first post for details. :D

13. Swaty

Swaty Chieftain

Wiiii, downloading now :)
    22 kB a second, only five hours. Sometimes I wonder if I really have 100mbit :p

14. PiMan

PiMan Emperor

Fair enough to wonder too. I have a mere 1.5Mbit connection and I usually get better speeds than that. Talk to your ISP, because something is going wrong.

15. DodgyDave

DodgyDave Warlord

ok, downloaded 1.10, playing as england, turn 36 i move past the french city, they are size 6 thats ok, i could not locate a fine place yet, but more surprised by the fact he already have 3 galleons???

16. Dale

Dale Deity

Yeah the AI is now force-focused onto buying galleons with treasure money for the early turns. Also note that it's cheaper for the AI as you increase the difficulty. :)

17. DodgyDave

DodgyDave Warlord

playing on the governor level, so just how cheap are these galleons? if its 3000 now, that means the AI have found 6000 or more and sold at 50% i take its still 50% for them as well and even then found either a 6000 more then for two more ships or a few smaller amounts then, but if they are 6000 each, that means 2 loads are needed of 6000 and even more loads to afford this... turn 36? i find that very fishy

18. koma13

koma13 King

I don't think 'fishy' is the right word, Dale explained it perfectly:

19. kmdavis

kmdavis Chieftain

So, the AI buys ships at a "buy 1, get 1 free" sale?

20. DodgyDave

DodgyDave Warlord

well as i am not one of those, who just jump AI, prefer to try and build up, until they jump me, then i will just go use easier difficulty...