AoD2 Latest version: Download here!

Quick question, is there any way to disable victory conditions in single player? John Adams won an economic victory just now, and I was picking up steam. Also, is there any setting that lets me scale back the degree of 'swarming' the AI does, like sending out bunches of any old immigrant to spam new villages and similar actions? If not, no big deal, I will just have to plan more carefully. Thanks!

Quick question, is there any way to disable victory conditions in single player? John Adams won an economic victory just now, and I was picking up steam. Also, is there any setting that lets me scale back the degree of 'swarming' the AI does, like sending out bunches of any old immigrant to spam new villages and similar actions? If not, no big deal, I will just have to plan more carefully. Thanks!

If you choose "Custom Game" you can turn victory conditions on or off.

Thanks Dale. Excellent mod, is there an update coming for either AoD or AoFD? Just curious. Also, any comment on the AI 'swarming'? I love this mod but it just breaks my heart to see my single struggling colony get choked out like a rose among thorns. Thanks again.

I would suggest dropping down a level if the AI is squeezing you out. As you drop levels the AI grows slower.

Thanks Dale. Excellent mod, is there an update coming for either AoD or AoFD? Just curious. Also, any comment on the AI 'swarming'? I love this mod but it just breaks my heart to see my single struggling colony get choked out like a rose among thorns. Thanks again.

I'd recommend a healthy dose of dragoons and cannons...

If you're really not the war monger type, play on a larger map where you have room to expand.

Can someone post a table showing the requirements for training colonists to various professions under this mod? I have a college and a town full of experts and I can't even train fishing! (using 1.11b)

In 1.11b, The Pirate leaders are present in the Colonizopedia but are unable to be selected during Multiplayer as a leader/civ. Is this intentional?

Yes, Pirates were turned off but left in the code for players who wish to turn them back on.

Version 1.12 is now released!

See first post for details.

Hi, just finished downloading the new version. How do I activate pirates? Thanks.

Put the file inside the attached zip in /assets/xml/civilizations/

Thanks, but installing that file borks my game pretty hard. I copied it to where it belongs and when starting vanilla Civ4Col I get numerous XML errors. Then when I load AoD some leaders are missing. I tried to open the AoD 1.12 download archive to restore the old xml file, but the game doesn't recover. I'm going to delete it and re-install it.

EDIT: Oops, I'm going to try copying it to the mod folder tree and not the actual Colonization folder tree. Sorry.

Yes, it goes into the Mods folder, not the vanilla one. :)

I don't see China Russia and Australia in the changelog. Are they stilll in? I really liked them (Well, Russia and China)
EDIT: Never mind, I'm stupid.

Dale,

I've just downloaded AODII v1.12, activated Pirates and started playing as them (marathon speed).

I then opened the Tortuga screen and noticed that I am able to rush Deckhand for mere 3 gold whereas Petty Criminal and Swashbuckler cost 300+.

My question is am I really supposed to get Deckhands that cheap or perhaps their original price is meant to be 300 and you just might have skipped a couple of zeros?

Is there any easy way to be sure that I have 1.12 properly installed over my 1.11b? Something I can look for on the starting screens that displays the version number or is there something that is only found in 1.12?

Thanks again to Dale and all the others for this final version.

Hey - how do I turn on the pirates feature? What do I have to modify? Thanks!

Top Bottom