Launcher seems bugged since latest NFP update?

HiRezAudio

Prince
Well, something has gone seriously tits up here since today's update.
I get the launcher, but clicking on 'Start' does nothing at all.
What has happened - anyone got any ideas please?

Never mind - false alarm.
Something had been updated under the hood in Steam too, and even though there was no usual 'please restart it' kind of message it refused to work at all until I literally stopped it, exited Steam completely & then used my desktop Civ 6 shortcut to restart Steam again.

Plus the update has not been installed either it seems - the Game mode is not there, neither are the new Civs.
Yet the DLC is blatantly there in the local DLC folder (see attached screenshot)

This is version 1.0.5.11

Attachments

• Installed DLC.JPG
    Installed DLC.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
My game wouldn't launch after the update, so I updated graphics drivers.. no luck. Then uninstalled and reinstalled civ6. It now launches, but the new civs aren't there. Looks like there was a serious bug and the update has been pulled or disabled while they work on a fix.

Since posting, I have actually managed to get it installed & launching, with new game mode & civs.
What I did was went into Steam and wiped the download cache out completely, which forced Steam to close as well & I had to re-log in again.
Now it seems to be there.

Since posting, I have actually managed to get it installed & launching, with new game mode & civs.
What I did was went into Steam and wiped the download cache out completely, which forced Steam to close as well & I had to re-log in again.
Now it seems to be there.

Please tell me exactly what you did, I think I'm having the same problem. I hit play and the launcher shows up, and then I hit the play on that, and it says it's running for around 5 seconds and then suddenly stops. I tried reinstalling the graphics driver and then I reinstalled Civ, but no luck.

Please tell me exactly what you did, I think I'm having the same problem. I hit play and the launcher shows up, and then I hit the play on that, and it says it's running for around 5 seconds and then suddenly stops. I tried reinstalling the graphics driver and then I reinstalled Civ, but no luck.
For sure.
I went into Steam/Settings & hit the 'clear download cache' button (see screenshot) and this seemed to work. I did also disable all Mods apart from Scout Cats, so not sure if that made any difference at all (AFAIA it did not) but after clearing the download cache, and having steam log me out & restart everything is now working for me.
BTW - I just fired it up again this morning, and the update was updated.......
I hope this helps

Attachments

• Clear Download Cache.JPG
    Clear Download Cache.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom