Launcher will no longer launch (among other things)

Rezca

The Greatest Jaggi
So after forever and a few days I popped back into the game. Before I did so I had the launcher check for an update to the mod, ya know just in case. After that I popped into the XML files and made the usual modifications
--Removed "Illumination" from the Era Info listing because I really don't like that track
--Made the technology research time 70 ~ 100 % instead of rapidly going down (I don't know, I like those really long eras where it takes a long time to advance so you get time to enjoy those new units and stuff)
--Re-added unhealth to jungles (Call me stubborn here)
--Made Divine Cult a little more appealing, made the "One Right Choice for the AI" civics have a bit of a negative weight to them (Tired of seeing the ENTIRE WORLD in Republic/Atheist/Secular. Actually as a test I 'commented out' one of them just because they'd always beeline for it then stay in them forever, even with -50 or -70 weighting.)

Then start a Play Now game. Everything's peachy for a while, then the game crashes around the time some barb cities are emerging into nations. Rarely happens, especially this early in the game, but whatever. I reload from an autosave and play for a bit then it crashes again. Another reload and a few more turns and it crashes. No idea what's up and I didn't check the log or anything, if needed I'll put that up.

So I go to the launcher and tell it to check the files. It's doing so and then pauses at 100% for a bit before it throws a runtime error in my face and says its been asked to terminate in a bad way or something and tells me to contact its developer. Okay, so I launch it again and it tells me there was a problem with the previous update and its gonna try again. It goes through the same process of checking the files and crashing at 100%

Spoiler The launcher's crash message :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: upd_proc.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5bf70c00
Fault Module Name: upd_proc.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5bf70c00
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 007f10be
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f5ec
Additional Information 2: f5ec1fc8fcf60f81c7dafdff7fd6f0f0
Additional Information 3: abe8
Additional Information 4: abe86ac729cf5b0445615b780b608f4f

On the civic thing, I was about to comment out all three of them just because I wanted at least one game where the entire world sans me and the ocassional super-backwards nation NOT running a Republic + Atheist/Secular combo, but the <-- tag only caught a third of the civic block. I eventually commented the whole thing out, but that shouldn't make any problems in the Ancient Era? Again I haven't even looked at the log, and that shouldn't affect the Launcher either, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway "just in case" and all that.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3549.CivBeyondSwordSave
    453.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
So after forever and a few days I popped back into the game. Before I did so I had the launcher check for an update to the mod, ya know just in case. After that I popped into the XML files and made the usual modifications
--Removed "Illumination" from the Era Info listing because I really don't like that track
--Made the technology research time 70 ~ 100 % instead of rapidly going down (I don't know, I like those really long eras where it takes a long time to advance so you get time to enjoy those new units and stuff)
--Re-added unhealth to jungles (Call me stubborn here)
--Made Divine Cult a little more appealing, made the "One Right Choice for the AI" civics have a bit of a negative weight to them (Tired of seeing the ENTIRE WORLD in Republic/Atheist/Secular. Actually as a test I 'commented out' one of them just because they'd always beeline for it then stay in them forever, even with -50 or -70 weighting.)

Then start a Play Now game. Everything's peachy for a while, then the game crashes around the time some barb cities are emerging into nations. Rarely happens, especially this early in the game, but whatever. I reload from an autosave and play for a bit then it crashes again. Another reload and a few more turns and it crashes. No idea what's up and I didn't check the log or anything, if needed I'll put that up.

So I go to the launcher and tell it to check the files. It's doing so and then pauses at 100% for a bit before it throws a runtime error in my face and says its been asked to terminate in a bad way or something and tells me to contact its developer. Okay, so I launch it again and it tells me there was a problem with the previous update and its gonna try again. It goes through the same process of checking the files and crashing at 100%

Spoiler The launcher's crash message :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: upd_proc.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5bf70c00
Fault Module Name: upd_proc.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5bf70c00
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 007f10be
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f5ec
Additional Information 2: f5ec1fc8fcf60f81c7dafdff7fd6f0f0
Additional Information 3: abe8
Additional Information 4: abe86ac729cf5b0445615b780b608f4f

On the civic thing, I was about to comment out all three of them just because I wanted at least one game where the entire world sans me and the ocassional super-backwards nation NOT running a Republic + Atheist/Secular combo, but the <-- tag only caught a third of the civic block. I eventually commented the whole thing out, but that shouldn't make any problems in the Ancient Era? Again I haven't even looked at the log, and that shouldn't affect the Launcher either, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway "just in case" and all that.

About the launcher, I suggest you download the full installer, just for once; there's been a problem with a faulty installer a few revisions ago so we had to revert back to a previous one. Let me know if it works, thanks.

About the launcher, I suggest you download the full installer, just for once; there's been a problem with a faulty installer a few revisions ago so we had to revert back to a previous one. Let me know if it works, thanks.

Alrighty I'll give that a shot once I get back to the laptop with CivIV on it and let ye know how it works out!
For whatever reason the laptop I'm usually on won't run CivIV. "You don't meet the minimum requirements" or something, despite it being newer, stronger, faster, etc than my old laptop hah

Righty-o, downloaded and ran it, launcher works fine and I've gotten to the Medieval without any repeated crashes. Don't know what may have caused those but its running smooth so I'm fine with that!

Thanks for the help, and it's good to be playing RoM again <3
I just wish my other laptop could run the game haha, "Doesn't meet minimum requirements" what in the world xD

Top Bottom