Laws regulating the wearing of pants

Do you agree with this law?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No.

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Not this one, but something like it. (explain)

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
(CNN) -- The town of Dublin, Georgia, is putting saggy, baggy pants in the category of indecent exposure, with violators facing fines of up to $200.

Dublin Mayor Phil Best said he plans to sign this week an amendment to the municipality's indecent exposure ordinance. The amendment, which Best plans to put into immediate effect at the City Council meeting, prohibits the wearing of pants or skirts "more than three inches below the top of the hips exposing the skin or undergarments."

"We've gotten several complaints from citizens saying the folks with britches down below their buttocks was offensive, and wasn't there something we could do about it," Best said.

The mayor said after about a year of fielding complaints, he put the city attorney to work researching how other localities have dealt with the derriere dilemma. The result was that council members decided to put exposure due to baggy clothing in the same category as masturbation, fornication and urination in public places.

Patrolling for offenders will be left to local police in the town about 140 miles southeast of Atlanta. Violators could face fines ranging from $25 to $200, or court-mandated community service.

etc...

So what do you think?

I just have to laugh at this, in a good way.

People who wear their pants like that need to be reeducated.

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Looking like a foo with yo pants on the ground!

governments shouldnt be telling people how to dress, if guys wanna look like a douche thats their problem

What is fornication?

etc...

So what do you think?

ButtCrack.

I feel this is a town's rights issue. The Union need not intrude as the Buttcrack plantations do not violate the US Constitution, though I eagerly await the SCOTUS ruling limiting the right show Buttcrack as a "pursuit of happiness" that infringes on other peoples "pursuit of happiness".

But your honor, my belt slipped.

Son, that does not excuse you from your civic duties.

What is fornication?
Sex.

It is technically illegal to have sex in the back of a car unless it sits on private property under indecent exposure laws.
That doesn't stop people however, especially at drive-ins..... boy do I love drive-ins.

I assume that one is allowed, if not required, to wear these at half mast during periods of national mourning:

I assume that one is allowed, if not required, to wear these at half mast during periods of national mourning:

Clothing does not a flag make.

But what about no shoes, no shirt laws at the 7-11?

What is fornication?

Originally the term meant sex with prostitutes. It is derived from the word for an arch or vault, as such were common locations for whores to solicit sex and also common features in brothels.

It has sense then been extended to refer to consensual sex in general, as a sinful or illegal act.

governments shouldnt be telling people how to dress, if guys wanna look like a douche thats their problem

Well, 'more than three inches below the top of the hips exposing the skin' would imply showing one's butt, which would be covered under 'public indecency,' so it is a bit more than just looking like a douche.

And I was thinking this was related to the public nudity thread. :)

actually it is in a way.

I think some guy in the U.S. was busted not to longer for indecent exposure. The problem is even if you are wearing boxers- they have that hole in the front, and you can potentially expose your wang. Not really a problem if you wear tighty whities- but who wears those anymore?

what's this world coming to? next thing they'll be trying to tell women not to wear certain dresses....oh wait :ack:

I agree with this. There are no reasons for grown men to be in public with their pants at their knees acting like common thugs. USA #1 so dress like it!

Do you agree with this law?

Yes, as long as they're not going commando too.

People should where trousers over their pants in public.

Top Bottom