1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LC's Deity LP #2(Sweden, Standard, Continents)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Light Cleric, May 1, 2013.

1. azhskr

azhskr Chieftain

I would love to see a Carthage small islands map!

Great work on these so far, really enjoying them and learning quite a bit.

2. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

Ottomans please!

3. slowcar

slowcar King

As long as Mr. Knight and Mr. Rifleman play a crucial role i'll be on board :)

4. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

Oh hey I forgot I had this thread here :p I had some net issues so I was posting from a phone for a couple of days, but I've finally got the final episodes of this LP up! I still haven't decided where to go from here(I started recording DC #18 but zzzzzzz water maps), but hopefully I'll have the next LP relatively soon.

And I swear I will get a fixed Episode 4 up EVENTUALLY :crazyeye:

5. slowcar

slowcar King

Was really fun to watch, too bad with the anticlimatic end. Maybe you have seen it too often, but i would absolutely have turned the animations on for the nuclear doomsday, the only real effect in the whole game (except of the small playing foxes in the fur resource tile maybe).

you could also be a bit nice to the nuclear bombs and say "hello there, mr. bomb, let's explode some capital" :)

I really enjoyed this, and the swedish march troops were really strong in the field.

6. zippysguitar

zippysguitar Chieftain

Any news on a third series?

7. Light Cleric

Light Cleric ElCee/LC/El Cid

I've been a bit busy at the moment but I'm working on some stuff.

I started work on DC #18, but it was very, very boring and I think it showed in my commentary. I will probably do it at some point before BNW because it'll be a quick series but...yeah, that map was boring even by water map standards.

The plan was then to do a Babylon Science game(which I still hope to do) but a few people threw out an idea that I've actually wanted to do for a long time, and that's an Aztec style Cultural Victory.

There's a lot of questions there though. Is the "optimal" CV policy path what I want to do for an aggressive, military CV? Like, should I go full Tradition first and save the Liberty finisher for a GE for Sydney Opera House or, because I'm going to be warmongering, go full Liberty and save Legalism for Archeology? How am I going to keep tech parity with the AI while still cranking Artists out and not being able to annex cities to run the Scientist slots? How am I going to manage happiness without Order? Can I get the wonders that help this the most, namely the Oracle? How can I do all this crap I need to do while still cranking out faith to faith-buy Artists and possibly Scientists even if I don't get a religion?

I've tried before and it's very hard, much harder than it appears at first glance, and I don't think it's the kind of game I'm just going to be able to do just by grabbing a map and going with it(the way I usually do my LPs is I roll maps and decide if I want to possibly keep it based on the starting area on turn 0 without scouting anything, because doing an intro for every single start would be a trainwreck). I think the payoff would be worth it if I can get it to work, though, it will be very fun. :)

8. Tinker

Tinker Prince

That actually sounds really cool, I have no recommendations on that front though as I've never tried it myself. Perhaps it would be the easiest going for an ICS-style offensive, adopting Autocracy asap to get the happiness and the culture from taking a city?