LC's Deity LP #5 - Germany(Honor Challenge)

Light Cleric

ElCee/LC/El Cid
Taking a (very) belated swing at the Honorable Germany Deity Challenge. Tradition and Liberty are forbidden and Honor has to be finished before other policies are taken.

If it looks like I don't know what I'm doing...it's probably because I don't :). I've played Germany a total of 1 time since vanilla and never do Honor openings so this is far beyond my normal plays. If I lose, oh well, I gave it a shot.

Playlist here.

Any chance of seeing a "vomit inducing start" from your save game folder? :D

Good luck in your game! I think the Hanse thing is great, especially in a dom. game, where you have to establish routes to CS a lot, just to keep them running. I would be tempted to settle in place for observatory, then again, there is no food, literally. Got to conjure some up!

Dude!
It's been a whole day!
Where is part 2?!?!
I mean quit your job or something, people are waiting!

Any chance of seeing a "vomit inducing start" from your save game folder? :D

Good luck in your game! I think the Hanse thing is great, especially in a dom. game, where you have to establish routes to CS a lot, just to keep them running. I would be tempted to settle in place for observatory, then again, there is no food, literally. Got to conjure some up!

Haha, I wanted to ask the same thing. That description was hilarious. =)

I watched this a part and d really like see how u can pull off a win after SUCH a horrible start. Turn 30 or so and u havent yet scouted more as like 10 tiles away from cap :crazyeye:

scouting the map instead of maps end iceland should be an obvious thing to do for whoever understands this game a slight bit.

I'll try to remember to show the "vomit inducing start", I actually don't remember what it was :p

Episode 3??

Took a little long because I was trying to get the new headset volume worked out.

I believe in each case the text at the top of the screen said the AI "would need more from your side" to renew the trade. Dropping 1 gpt usually does the trick.

Hey Elcee, I just caught up with your new LP yesterday and I must say it's one of your best so far! Poland was also good but nothing beats war on 3 fronts, really.

Looking forward to more! :cool:

I forgot to post that this one's done. Managed a t294 domination, could have been faster except I wanted to play conservatively and ensure the win rather than go all out with Panzer spam and risk running into a lot of Bombers(esp. since Poland had Radar and therefore Airports to have 10 bombers in a city potentially).

You can see the full playlist here.

I'm still taking suggestions for future LPs. I know not everyone is fond of water stuff but I would like to do something with that for a change, maybe Fractal since that gives a nice mix of land/water a lot of the time. I also intend to do culture at some point but I can't do the normal Tradition -> click next turn repeatedly or I'll die of bordem and so will all of you. :p Some people on Youtube suggested a Piety "challenge" in the same vein as this Honor challenge but the issue there is Piety has zero early culture generation so just won't get anywhere. I might try the Byzantines but they're a weird case since getting a religion is one of the hardest things to do on Deity with the AI's flavor to culture/Piety(also on my first try I got locked in on an island alone with Atilla and got trashed LOL). I think the best way for them to get a religion is still to just burn through Liberty ASAP and pop the Prohpet from that.

Portugal, large Continents or Fractal map, Diplomatic VC with an aggressive take (your prefered playstyle im guessing?) on defending your city states...

Add Greece (for city state competition), Zulu (for being Zulu), Mongolia (for causing you problems in general regarding city states) and England (to have a naval threat) manually and rest Random. +2 extra civs and +4 extra city states for more action.

Love your Lets Plays! Please keep them coming, there is an audience for them.

This one was fun. What did you think of honor in the end of the day?

I'd like to see another honor game. More sensible though were you mix it up to make the best of it.

A fractal Viking fury perhaps? :)

Top Bottom