1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader animations are fine, but give them various types of emotions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ViterboKnight, Aug 3, 2016.

1. ViterboKnight

ViterboKnight King

Civ5 leader animations are quite good, but they all have a lack, IMO: each leader will always talk with the same emotion.

Talk with Bismark: he always has his rigid and firm accent, both in peaceful and in war times.

Talk with Harun Al Rashid: he seems not to care about anything, be it a trade agreement, a denouncement, or a war declaration.

Talk with Montezuma: ok, he seems infervorate, but he never demonstrates any different or friendly mood.

None of them seems to talk differently even when defeated.

In conclusion: I like this way, but I'd like to see in Civ 6, for each leader, both their friendly and their aggressive face.

2. IdiotStyle

IdiotStyle Warlord

Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

3. Haig

Haig Deity

Civ 5 leaders are pretty wooden, you declare war to Hatun and he tilts his head a bit.

I love the animations of Civ 6 leaders more.

4. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

I think these are fine actually.

5. lorrydriverjr

lorrydriverjr Warlord

6. Joketa

Joketa Chieftain

Civ VI leaders are a lot more animated. I don't know if we've seen the full extent of their range, but the potential is there. I hope they've maximized the potential they've set up. They're caricatures. This gives them license to ham it up a bit more.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

We have only seen one or two leaders in anger and despair. In both cases, the emotion was expressed. I don't think there is cause for concern here. The expressiveness of the animations is top notch.

8. shyPiano

shyPiano Prince

Case in point:

Spoiler :

While I personally never had a problem with Civilization V's leaders, I do think that Cleopatra there looks really well animated. :)

This is the only instance (so far!) of a declaration of war and defeated animations, so here's hoping the rest live up to the expectations. But with how nicely everyone seems to be animated, I think the art team for this game is doing a good job at bringing life to these characters! :goodjob:

And yes, I'll continue to share these GIFs of the leaders because I really like them!

9. OnceAKing

OnceAKing Warlord

Have you seen Boudicca when she's going to war or loses?

But overall I think you're generally right but I think that may have been a design limitation. Just from the shots we've gotten, the leaders look alot more expressive.

10. shyPiano

shyPiano Prince

Is that supposed to be criticism or praise towards Civilization V's leaders? :lol:
    While Boudicca does move quite a bit and plays with her sword a lot, the way the waves that thing around as if it was weightless doesn't really attract me all that much. The cartoon "woosh" sound during her declaration of war doesn't help much in that regard either. :p
    Her defeated animation is quite nice though.

My favorite has to be Harold Bluetooth though! :D His defeated animation is the best, and I like the way he puts on/takes off his helmet during interactions, besides all the moving around in his longboat (which, itself, is swaying up and down in the waves).