Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Degaulle

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shafi

King
Hi Guys,

HUI 3 is drawing to a close. I am in the final stages of the game and will have the win wrapped in a short while, so i am thinking of HUI 4 now, i have narrowed the choice down to 3 leaders, please help me decide by voting on your choice.

A link to the HUI Series bull pen for those who are not familiar with it.

Shafi.

I voted for Justinian. If that vote goes through, I expect to see a Guilds beeline and a cataphract driven war.

I'd be happy reading about a Montezuma game too, though.

^^^^ Agree entirely - so voted Justinian for the same reason. Monty's a great second choice though and, given his starting techs are the same as Boudica's, gives us all another chance to debate worker versus warrior first. :lol:

I like Justinian; REX'ing and anarchy abuse... early religion and lots of mates, shrines for supporting the REX!

allthough im only Noble, i will try... :)

So it looks like Justinian at this point, somehow i never really liked the guy ... cant say why. Anyways he was high on the list of leaders i wanted to try ...

Any / all advice on how i should play him are welcome, i wont gun for a religion before CoL though. From what i know of the guy, Horses are really important to make him shine right?

Any / all advice on how i should play him are welcome, i wont gun for a religion before CoL though. From what i know of the guy, Horses are really important to make him shine right?

go for Buddism! 1 you can build Monasterys. 2 first religion, easy to spread!

Yes! Horses are KEY!!! go to war for those 4 legged girly things! :lol:

forget the Oracle if you meet the spains, they go for it no matter what!

Voted for Monty. Can't help but love to abuse the whip with him. He's also Spiritual so that's a plus.

I'd stay away from DeGaulle to avoid Wonderspamming. Playing Justinian is almost like getting a Cuirassier war earlier. Only difference is Cataphracts don't ignore walls/castles so spies are more valuable there.

Map type? Try something more crowded, Pangea maybe.

I have'nt played Monty since i was on chieftain, and it's almost like another life time i had no understanding of the game at that time so it's almost like i havent played with him, it would make for an interesting game, the votes still pretty close :)

@ McThomas - If i go for Budhism at emperor i run a heavy risk of not getting it + even if i do this delays my growth due to delay in getting the required worker techs + if i invest time / hammers into spreading religion early can severly affect my expansion, so if i play Justinian i may give the GW a shot, i will mostly be focussing on his imperialistic trait for fast early expansion.

BTW - Some players are able to make early religion to work for them even on Monarch / Emperor or at least they claim that it works for them, so i guess maybe it's a viable option but not the best way to go in my opinion.

If you play Justinian, then see the map first. Being imperialist, you could even do the insane settler first strategy while going for a religion.

I voted Monty, since I'm currently making my way through a game. Let me say, it's fun to whip, but man, I can whip so much, I almost feel wrong sometimes. Every 5 turns? That's crazy. My only sadness with Monty is that the sac altar doesn't also speed up drafting.

Top Bottom