Leader Fallback Issues with Persia/Macedonia activated

decamatus

Chieftain
EDIT: Resolved. Turns out the city-states I created used a modifier that was added with that DLC and I had it disabled since it wasn't a dependency of mine. Changed the modifier name and everything was back to normal

So, I am finished with the release for my mod pack, but in my last minute testing I've discovered that when all DLC is enabled, the leader Fallbacks don't work, it shows Teddy Roosevelt instead on the loading screen and in game the background image is Cleopatra's with the new leader in the foreground. As soon as I disable Persia/Macedonia it works perfectly.

Does anyone know what this might be? I suspect it has to do with the actual artdefs, but my fallback file and its references in my dep file are the same format as those in the Persia/Macedonia DLC. Plus I have a hard time believing they are flat out wrong when they work with Persia/Macedonia disabled.

Last edited:
That sounds bizarre.
The reason for Teddy showing up on loading and Cleopatra on diplomat screen is because the game doesn't know you've defined FallbackLeaders.artdef and UI/Shell_Loading package (blp) so that it just uses default. THough artdef and xlp files should be ok if it works just by disabling Macedonia/Persia.

Random thought is, check your MOD id, see if by any chance it got loaded before Macedonia/Persia. You should also check Mods.log to see the loading order. I guess somehow the game loads your mod first and then DLC4, mysteriously or artdef/xlp definition got overwritten.
If that's the case, you should try to generate a new Id for your MOD.

Top Bottom