Leader generated without any fighting

AnthonyIII

Warlord
After I've been playing CIV3 on warlord some time ago, I picked it up again and decided to go for regent. However, I wanted to do some testing on settler factories and worker movements first. So I opened up a tiny map, with just one civ, me. To my surprise, after no fighting at all, in year 1625 I got a military leader. I hadn't been focusing on the military at all. When restarting, a got a scientific leader after 6-7 turns or so. What is this? Can this be achieved by luck in a real game or triggered by any way without winning battles? Is it beacuse I had research on 90 and 100% for so long? Just curious, that's all... :)

No, I've yet to meet any barbarians. Strange.

EDIT: I didn't save the two times, I start again and post a save if it happens this time as well. OK, apparantly I did save once, so here is a save with a scientific leader in year 1600. He showed up much earlier though. He's in the centre of the picture. Scientific leader showed up again, year 2900. See save "sci2". I've had research at 100% since first turn and researched pottery, iron working and warrior code in that order. Built warrior, warrior and began granary. Could it be that if you maintain 100% research for so and so many turns, you will get a scientific leader?

Attachments

• SciLeader.SAV
    24.3 KB · Views: 42
  • sci2.SAV
    21.9 KB · Views: 64
I would bet the leader was an SGL as you have no way to get an MGL, with no civs to fight. SGL comes from being first to a tech and you will be first to all techs.

Ahh, that makes sense, vmxa. I went into the editor to check the names of the military leaders from Persia and it wasn't any of them so yes - they all must have been scientific leaders. Thanks for enlighten me. :) Now I'll try getting a SGL with on a world with other civs, researching at 100% for 25 turns, maybe it still can be doable.

Well, it didn't happen again, but thanks a lot for the tip - I'll probably I get one someday! :)

Top Bottom