1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader Graphics Clipping and Diplomacy Options Missing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Battlehelm043, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Battlehelm043

Battlehelm043 Warlord

I know I have already mentioned this before but I feel it necessary to post some pictures along with the bugs/ quality issues with GS. As stated before the Leader Graphics since the implementation of GS have all seemingly suffered. I have a GTX 1080 Founders Edition so more than capable of handling GS on max. Yet the clipping persists. Matthias has his legs clipping through his tunic with no movement other than his normal sway. Trajan's shoulder pauldron on his right our left kicks up for no reason once again while he is standing still. I'm not sure if this is an issue the optimization might fix but it certainly needs fixing. I am running the 34" Alienware Monitor as well so this might have something to do with it and I am testing resolution results as I go.

My second gripe/ concern is the misfiring of options in the Diplomacy screen. First off without a delegation you can "Demand" from the AI. Yet once a delegation is sent suddenly the option disappears which is very odd as it should remain as a viable option throughout all interactions. I'm not sure if this is a bug but I have noticed some issues. In RF the option remained available throughout the game so I am seeing this a a bug. Next although sadly I do not have the save any more, I noticed the option to denounce disappeared with some of my AI contacts. Where this was most troubling was when an Allied AI decided to do something I did not like (Conquered a CS) I could not Denounce them. I was locked in an alliance with no way to utilize my grievances which I feel must be a bug. If not then it truly makes the Diplo experience extremely gamy and feel unnatural or forced. In RF and Base Civ 6 this option never disappeared when your actions brought you close to another AI.

If anyone has any thoughts on this or experienced this themselves I'd love to know. I will continue to try to replicate and locate similar issues as a poke and prod around. Attached are some pictures showing some of the issues.

Corvis Clipping.png Leader with Delegation.png Leader without Delegation.png

2. Battlehelm043

Battlehelm043 Warlord

So after a short time of tinkering, it would appear this issue in diplomacy with demands occurs with some but not all AI. Worse as I tested things I noticed not only does demand dissapear but so does all other options once Friendship is declared. This can break critical decisions when needing to DOW for transgressions and stop a player from pursuing their own interests even when grievances are available for you to use. No mods are being used. Leader with Delegation Demand still Present.png Leader Friendship.png

3. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

It's very understandable that you think these diplomacy problems are bugs, but sadly it's just really poor game design. It's been years now and Firaxis has done nothing to make the diplomacy less binary and simplistic - after the early game, you are pretty much either best friends or worst enemies with every single AI, and from then on the interactions will pretty much be static for the rest of the game unless you permit them to change. Once an AI is declared your friend, it will remain your friend forever as long as you renew the declaration every 20 or so turns. And in those 20 turns, you have basically no diplomatic options with them other than basic trade or forming an alliance.

There's no nuance, no possibility of being backstabbed(although the AI has sometimes been too likely to backstab you in previous versions) and no option to punish the AI or break the friendship if it for example attacks your other friend or a city state you are suzerain of.

The same applies in the other direction - once you or the AI have denounced eachother, you have very few options for interacting with them. Sometimes it would be nice to agree to open borders with a rival out of necessity for example, but that's not even an option to suggest.

I hope Firaxis sees this and takes notice, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Battlehelm043 likes this.
  4. Battlehelm043

Battlehelm043 Warlord

Takfloyd, you pretty much summed up my concerns. I was on the fence thinking this might be a bug but sadly it now appears designed to perform this way. In BNW you had 3 times as many options as this; while albeit there were plenty of shenanigans it worked fairly well. When they introduced the Diplo overhaul I had great hopes they would implement the changes with past experiences from BNW. Yet that is the whole point of this posting really, to catch the Devs attention and make them think of potential ways to resolve this issue. I mean Stellaris and HOI4 are limited in scope, yet allow for so much more depth in Diplomacy, which is odd considering the focus on either Macro or micro periods of time in the games. I sincerely hope this gets patched or optimized....