Leader Name Idea

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by G-Force Junkie, Aug 12, 2003.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. G-Force Junkie

G-Force Junkie Old Vulcan Guy

Instead of 1 slot for name, have a first, middle, and last name for the leadername. For example, the Roman leader would go like
    Title: First Consul
    Last: Caesar
    First: Julius
    Middle: Gaius

In a Vietnam scenario, America's could go like
    Title: President
    Last: Nixon
    First: Richard
    Middle: M.

In diplomacy, gracious nations would address you by first name, when they are polite or cautious, they address you as <title><last name>, when they are annoyed they address you as <Mr/Ms><last name> or just by last name, and when they are furious they address you by last name or <title><last name>.

What do you think of this?

edit : to not include a name detail, all you would have to do is leave the space blank.

2. PolishAssassin

PolishAssassin Prime Minister of Death

y not give each civilization a list of leaders like have for France
    Joan of Arc
    Napoleon
    Louis (something)

3. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

PolishAssassin,
    Louis XIV was the choice for Civ2. That's how I got my name (I picked France, and added an "X" to the name).

The problem with doing something like this is the artwork required (twice the amount, maybe more).

CadetEmperor, Ceasar's name was Gaius Julius Ceasar (He was Ceasar, from the house of Julii).

4. Ian Beale

Ian Beale YRH

I raised the point to one of the game producers and they said it takes a month for a designer to produce one leaderhead! So it is extremely unlikely that they would provide this is conquests! Like the first idea though.

5. TerraHero

TerraHero Terranigma Guru

iff this is about multiple leaders for one Civ again, drop it. We had this argument with that topic about male+female leader per civ

some Civ's have had more leaders then others